Kodi 17.1 Program not responding Force Close.
Will someone please help me!?!?

My Kodi was working perfect yesterday and now today it will open but then doesn't do anything. I have to click a mouse button and then the windows window pops up saying that my program is not responding and I have to force close it. I have uninstalled, deleted all kodi files and reinstalled from the kodi website not the windows store. I have also tried the delete addon27 and it doesn't work (however it did fix my boyfriends issue with Kodi not opening at all ty), when i open Kodi again the addon is back in the folder and kodi still isnt responding. Here is my debug log I believe. this one is titled Kodi.log not Kodi.old.log

Again Kodi is Opening but that is all it will do then it becomes unresponsive.

https://pastebin.com/FkpkssQ4

TIA!

- Lena
Leanabeana

This is the 4th time you have posted this message. Please be patient. This is not an instant help forum. We are all volunteers, and we have other jobs and a personal life that we like being a part of.

If you have had no response in 24-48 hrs, feel free to bump the thread.

As you started this in a new thread, I will keep this one open and delete the other one.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi lenabeana, I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, when you say you deleted all kodi file, did you delete it from App data then kodi roaming? That was my problem, if you did then this seems to be a windows problem, try windows update, aslo, if it was work yesterday, try to remember what you did different today on windows, maybe a window update that was installed and needs to be uninstalled.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A
I just found this.....http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=311821

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A
Quote:maybe a window update that was installed and needs to be uninstalled.
I question this comment. I recommend against this procedure.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I am sorry for the multiple posts, I was unsure if I was posting them on closed threads or the appropriate ones based on devices. I've never used a forum before that's why I just ended up starting one of my own instead of on other people's threads. Sorry again.
No problems.

Always best to start a new thread here. It allows us to help the person who originally asked the question. When 6 or 7 other people start posting about their problems on the one thread, it becomes confusing.

I have had a quick look at your log. I haven't been able to spot what the problem is. A developer will need to have a look at it.
My Signature
(2017-05-18, 03:27)bklyndiaz Wrote: Hi lenabeana, I had the same problem a couple weeks ago, when you say you deleted all kodi file, did you delete it from App data then kodi roaming? That was my problem, if you did then this seems to be a windows problem, try windows update, aslo, if it was work yesterday, try to remember what you did different today on windows, maybe a window update that was installed and needs to be uninstalled.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A (typie typie)

I guess i have to reply from my computer to get the quote thing to work.

I have already tried to do this and it didn't work. oddly my addon27 isn't broken. it doesn't display 0kb in the file like the broken ones.

My Kodi will load but when i attempt to move the cursor it is unresponsive in the app however moves within windows. once i push a mouse button it will pop up stating the program is unresponsive and gives the 2 options to wait for the program or close the program waiting does nothing, closing closes it.
(2017-05-18, 02:36)Karellen Wrote: Leanabeana

This is the 4th time you have posted this message. Please be patient. This is not an instant help forum. We are all volunteers, and we have other jobs and a personal life that we like being a part of.

If you have had no response in 24-48 hrs, feel free to bump the thread.

As you started this in a new thread, I will keep this one open and delete the other one.

(2017-05-18, 06:52)Karellen Wrote: No problems.

Always best to start a new thread here. It allows us to help the person who originally asked the question. When 6 or 7 other people start posting about their problems on the one thread, it becomes confusing.

I have had a quick look at your log. I haven't been able to spot what the problem is. A developer will need to have a look at it.

Thank you for looking into it! And I will remember next time to start my own.
UPDATE

I re-uninstalled EVERYTHING last night restarted the laptop and then re-installed EVERYTHING the exact same way last night.
I opened Kodi and had the same problem still. I selected the wait for program to respond option last night and went to bed,... I woke up this morning to Kodi opened still and working fully. I closed it and reopened it and then had the exact same issue, I again clicked the wait for program to respond option and went to work, just got home and it was again working and is still working even with me bouncing between Kodi and Chrome. When I select the wait for program to respond I have no idea the time it takes to fix and start responding because it is way longer than my patience or attention span allows Smile .

Here is an updated kodi.log file while it is currently open and working if it helps at all ...

https://pastebin.com/dvS0K6Xx

Thanks - Lena
Hi Lena,

The log is telling a slightly different story this time around.

The point where it crashes is indicative of a graphics chip problem.

You are using a low powered Acer Aspire 5750Z, which is 5+ years old, which uses Intel HD3000 graphics chip while running Windows 10.

Intel have already stated that this chipset does not support Windows 10. see here... http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...05526.html

There are two options...
1. Look for newer Graphics Chip drivers to the ones installed. This may or may not help
2. Remove Kodi v17.1 and see if Kodi v16.1 works. Link is here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/ and download the file named kodi-16.1-Jarvis.exe
My Signature
another update....

No PVR add-on enabled
You need a tuner, backend software and an add-on for the backend to be able to use PVR. Please visit
http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR to learn more.

off to learn more,

- Lena
(2017-05-19, 02:55)Karellen Wrote: Hi Lena,

The log is telling a slightly different story this time around.

The point where it crashes is indicative of a graphics chip problem.

You are using a low powered Acer Aspire 5750Z, which is 5+ years old, which uses Intel HD3000 graphics chip while running Windows 10.

Intel have already stated that this chipset does not support Windows 10. see here... http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/s...05526.html

There are two options...
1. Look for newer Graphics Chip drivers to the ones installed. This may or may not help
2. Remove Kodi v17.1 and see if Kodi v16.1 works. Link is here... http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/old/ and download the file named kodi-16.1-Jarvis.exe

Thank you so much! I never had a problem with kodi 16 so I will go back to that version while I look to figure out how to Uninstall this stupid windows 10. I've had nothing but problems since it updated (mouse not working and junk) would have been great if they wouldn't have flashed the stupid update Windows now every 15 minutes on my acer that doesn't support it then lol.
Thanks again!!! I will post again if 16 doesn't work
Good luck Lenabeana.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 Program not responding Force Close.0