[split] Netflix HD Android devices with DVB Tuner support.
The WeTek Play 2 also comes with an tuner plugin module. Attach a USB drive and plug in an antenna feed and you have an OTA DVR. However it appears the ATSC module s a single tuner, so you could not record two channels simultaneously. Can anyone confirm this is the case? Are there plans to add a multiple tuner module?

Alternatively, with Nougat you apparently have support for a number of USB ATSC tuners (like the Hauppage one for XBone). A Mi Box plus the tuner cost more than the Play 2, but if it's a dual tuner then it may be worth it. This part is fairly new so I haven't been able to find much information. Does anyone know for sure if any USB ATSC tuners will support simultaneously recording multiple shows?

Originally I was thinking of getting a Tablo for OTA and an Android TV box, but now I'm wondering if I could get away with a single box solution.
The WeTek Play2's tuner is a single one. You cannot record two channels at once if they are from a seperate channel grouping (mux). You cannot even record one channel and watch another from a seperate mux either, so you can end up pretty limited at times - depending on how serious a OTA TV user you are.
The Android Play2 WeTV App really is not that good either - ok for streaming live TV but then difficulties set if you want to do more. The EPG is really poor vs TvHeadend.

The Play2 is much better when running a TvHeadend server with LibreELEC Kodi Krypton. There are plans in progress do a media_build LibreELEC with backported modern Linux DVB drivers and include the single built in tuner in with that for a total of 3 supported tuners. I'm not sure how close to release that is.

A lot of the Android Tuners seem to be single tuner modules at the moment as well for other Android TV platforms. And I don't even think there is support in Android TV Nougat - Live Channels for comprehensive PVR features yet either.

To be honest you are better off with a completely seperate networked TV server device that can feed multiple Kodi platforms. A server running with a modern Linux Kernel that will support all manner of decently priced USB Dual Tuners. Like a cheap RPi 2/3 or cheap Intel server.
Cheap AMLogic S905 devices running media_build versions of LibreELEC have backported Linux driver support for some modern DVB tuners too.

The other problem you have is Android Kodi Krypton has broken PVR's features at the moment and unreliable deinterlacing. There are workarounds but I'm not sure what other issues are lurking for serious use.

You have to use Windows / LibreELEC / Linux OR for casual TV viewing only the Android TV Live Channels App with a seperate networked TV server or a purpose built entirely seperate Android PVR App.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Netflix HD Android devices with DVB Tuner support.0