music library slow
Ive added my music which is on an external hdd to the library

but when i click on an album i get the message with the loading bar saying loading media information from files

and that takes about 20 secs for each album but when its dont that once i click and go straight into the album with no loading

i will be using this set up as a juke box for people to use so it needs to be smooth and this is a bit of a project killer at the moment

is there anything i can try to solve this?

thanks
any help with this would be much appreciated
Pi 1, 2 or 3?
In settings/media/music does disabling "Enable tag reading" help?
it is the Pi3
and yes once tag reading is disabled it works very smoothly, but album covers are missing on the main menu, if that is the option then ill happily lose the album covers for the smoothness
but it would be nice to have the covers showing
(2017-05-21, 21:45)bricktop Wrote: ..and yes once tag reading is disabled it works very smoothly...

I'm judging from this that you are just using fileview, scans the tags every time (unless disabled), and not the music library. From the context menu of the music source you have added choose "scan to library". This will read the music file tags and create library entries for the artsts, albums and songs etc. with artwork.

Fileview can then also use the library data rather than re-scan, but library offers more ways to navigate your music and select what to play.

(Also in Cornwall Smile )
That seems to have cracked it Dave yes i was unawarely using fileview, i didnt know it made a difference but its working well know thank you.

(2017-05-22, 08:50)DaveBlake Wrote: (Also in Cornwall Smile )

Where abouts are you?
(2017-05-22, 17:10)bricktop Wrote: That seems to have cracked it Dave yes i was unawarely using fileview, i didnt know it made a difference but its working well know thank you.
Where abouts are you?
Glad that you have discovered the music library Smile
It isn't initially obvious, I never got into using the video library myself, still just use the file view for that. For any other music related stuff drop by the music support subforum, I only randomly spot things here. I'm near Falmouth these days.
(2017-05-22, 19:11)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 17:10)bricktop Wrote: That seems to have cracked it Dave yes i was unawarely using fileview, i didnt know it made a difference but its working well know thank you.
Where abouts are you?
Glad that you have discovered the music library Smile
It isn't initially obvious, I never got into using the video library myself, still just use the file view for that. For any other music related stuff drop by the music support subforum, I only randomly spot things here. I'm near Falmouth these days.

much appreciated Dave, in Newquay myself getting ready for the stag season to start Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music library slow0