Req Display artist fanart when playing from Radio / Airplay
When playing music not directly for the library (ie from a Webradio / Airplay), the artist fanart isn't shown on the visualisation display...

Could it be possible to parse it, and then grab the fanart in the library and display it ?

I think it could be a good enhancement when listening to webradios where we have the artist in our library too...
Thats already implement as good as possible. Just try with the music spp on ios. Play a song from it and airplay it to kodi. You will see that artist, album, song title and album cover are already displayed in kodi in that case. If it doesn't work on other app there is nothing i can do about as this is apples native protocol which only works for us as long as they don't change anything.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I think he mean the artist fanart in the background, not the cover fanart.
Airplay doesn't transfer any fanart information
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Yeah indeed, Airplay doesn't tranfer any fanart information.

However, Kodi could "recognize" the artist info (sent by Airplay) and then display the fanart from its own fanart library...
It is something that the web radio addon authors could add, but lookup of artist just by name can be very inaccurate e.g. there are 23 bands called "Eclipse" in the Musicbrainz database (hence the advise to tag music files with mbid tags to assist in accurate lookup of info and art when scraping online).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Display artist fanart when playing from Radio / Airplay0