Master and slave
Ah, well maybe the developers might not find it too hard or maybe more people use it than you think since there are lots of videos and instructions posted on how to do this. Yes, I have said from the start there is a solution already available. It was in the first post. The idea behind a request is to throw out an idea and see if someone with the ability to instigate it thinks its worth pursuing. If they don't so be it. I will already have something up and running long before a solution could be coded and distributed. That does not mean it was not worth while suggesting it. Anyways, I have made the suggestion. I will now unsubscribe.
Nope the future is UPnP and all future effort will on improving that where needed as it's far easier to setup for the average user, MySQL will remain an advanced user only feature.
For clarity the direction we see Kodi taking is for it to be able to run headless mode on nas/server systems and be configurable over a web interface much in the same manner as Plex Media Server. This headless install would then share databases via UPnP to devices on the network.

In addition to this Master/Slave relationship by keeping Kodi install equal on all devices could also allow a mesh network where all devices share there local databases to all devices on the network so each device sees everything with everything synced.

However there is still a lot of work to be done to get to this desired state.
Yep but the upnp is just not worth using in Kodi at present (IMHO).

MySQL works better and is easy as pie.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Master and slave0