WIP Mousetuary - a mouse-friendly skin
Mousetuary is a Kodi skin, derived from the Kodi default skin "Estuary" (at 1.9.11 on the krypton branch of phil65/skin.estuary)

The aim of Mousetuary is to make a skin that is a bit more mouse-friendly, for those who prefer to control a 10-foot HTPC interface with just a mouse.
Details of changes are in the TODO spreadsheet.
It also aims to take UI cues from Windows Media Center, especially in the live TV area. There is an optional keymap to allow WMC-like scrolling in the EPG, and guide sleection from live TV with ctrl-g. After installation, move wmc-keymap.xml and guidekey.py into the userdata/keymaps folder. (the rules for skins won't allow keymaps to be automatically installed)

https://github.com/gilesp1729/skin.mouse...e/krypton/
(krypton branch only)

watch gallery
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
I've closed off 1.0.1. Here is the changelog:

Initial version. Changes from Estuary:

Home Screen and widget lists:
Sysmenu: minimise, window, exit
Back and Home to topbar
Tidy up text and clock in topbar
Make sidemenu stay up with mouse movement
Scroll bars in widget lists

Video OSD:
OSD pause button flickers when mouse moved
OSD FF/REW and volume buttons
OSD skip fwd/back buttons
OSD transparent background colour nicer, also guide
Get rid of fwd/back buttons from OSD slider nib
Get rid of misleading message for slider
Use full guide rather than the abbreviated OSD guide
Remove OSD channel button

Live TV widget list:
Channels and Guide seem redundant.
Make Guide come first in widget list

TV Guide:
Guide should roll up and down with the mouse wheel, not left to right. (need keymap)
Guide needs up/down/left/right buttons like WMC
Guide rows need to be a little bigger, also guide font

Incomplete:
Fix over-aggressive autoscroll in Addons/MyAddons list
VideoOSDHelpTextVar for new buttons (variables.xml)
Right-click option to delete recent channels from list
HDHomerun Quatro, RaspPi/TVHeadend, NUC/Win10/Kodi, Mousetuary skin, Mouse on couch!
The OSD has been updated with a view of the timeshift buffer as a scaled progress bar on the seek bar slider, WMC style (see the imgur gallery in the first post for a screenie). This has been done with a python script, and just between you and me, an awful lot of blind alleys were explored to get to this :-)

Note: this has not been tested on a non-timeshifting backend yet.
Video OSD:
Split slider into two, one to seek and the other to display PVR.Progress so seeks give more timely feedback.
Add VideoOSDHelpTextVar strings for new buttons.
hey, feel free to PR your changes to Kodi in order to improve mouse support out of the box
(2017-10-16, 10:37)da-anda Wrote: hey, feel free to PR your changes to Kodi in order to improve mouse support out of the box

No changes to Kodi source code here, just a skin. (github link in original post)

Works on the v18 nightly too, just change requirement on xbmc.gui in addons.xml to 5.13.0 .
Thanks for this add-on. It's really helpful to minimize slide-outs and stuff from disappearing out of view when trying to use a mouse.
I recently installed this skin and am liking it very much.  I'm no skin programmer, though, so I was wondering where I might make edits to change the background or overlay so that the TV Channels screen dims the background video under the left side.  The brightness of the video background often obscures the text.
Now I'm getting an add-on error:

21:05:35.508 T:6140   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.mousetuary\extras\scripts\dynamicOSD.py", line 152, in <module>
                                                display = DynamicOSD('VideoOSDControls.xml', 'special://skin/xml')
                                              File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.mousetuary\extras\scripts\dynamicOSD.py", line 44, in __init__
                                                self.calcProgress()
                                              File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.mousetuary\extras\scripts\dynamicOSD.py", line 58, in calcProgress
                                                duration = self.translate_hhmm(xbmc.getInfoLabel('Player.Duration(hh:mm)'))
                                              File "E:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\skin.mousetuary\extras\scripts\dynamicOSD.py", line 101, in translate_hhmm
                                                minutes = int(hhmm[0:colon]) * 60 + int(hhmm[colon+1:colon+3])
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any clues on what to look for?
Sorry to be so slow in getting back...
The error is probably due to Player.Duration not returning a time in the format hh:mm for some reason. Check your time regional settings (you can use standard 12 or 24 hour time settings). I will make the parsing of times more robust now that I'm working on it again for the Leia branch.
(2017-10-16, 11:52)aegidius Wrote: Works on the v18 nightly too, just change requirement on xbmc.gui in addons.xml to 5.13.0 .

Well, Leia has changed since then :-) and there is now a Leia branch in Mousetuary which knows about the infolabel changes.
(2018-02-26, 00:27)huggy59 Wrote: I recently installed this skin and am liking it very much.  I'm no skin programmer, though, so I was wondering where I might make edits to change the background or overlay so that the TV Channels screen dims the background video under the left side.  The brightness of the video background often obscures the text.
 I see what you mean. I'll have a look at doing this, or maybe do shadow text or something.
(2018-03-10, 04:35)huggy59 Wrote:                                                 minutes = int(hhmm[0:colon]) * 60 + int(hhmm[colon+1:colon+3])
                                            ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

If this is still being a problem, can you post a screenie of your regional settings? (I suspect the times are not coming out hh:mm). I can't repro this here, so it could be just a transient error from the backend.
huggy59: "The brightness of the video background often obscures the text."

Added a more opaque text shadow colour throughout.
I know this is an old post but I am also getting this error. I really love this skin and it is perfect for my needs but this error prevents me from using it. Like you said it has something to do with the parsing of time. I have tried every setting I know to try in my regional time settings of Kodi but the error persists. Any advice?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mousetuary - a mouse-friendly skin0