Piracy addon devs are at it again confusing users who and what is official Kodi
Unfortunately it seems at least some of these new "thank you" threads/posts by new members popping up more and more in the official Kodi Community Forum are probably due to them being piracy addon users and they thinking that Kodi facilitate those piracy addons. That is, they are posting here that because some developers/distributers of piracy addons have apparently recently started to ask that users of their piracy addons should drop by their forums (not kodi.tv forum) to give thanks to piracy addon developers.

Trouble is that as developers/distributers of piracy addons still do their best to confuse users to think that their distributions and addons as official Kodi sites/products, and as such some of those users end up finding their way here instead of the forums hold by piracy addon distributors, with those end users thinking they are honoring Team-Kodi and addon developers here by thanking them for the the piracy/illegal addons that they are using.

Just do a google search for "Kodi Addon Developer Appreciation (Visit our Forums to Show Support)" or "Kodi Addon Developer Appreciation (Please Show Your Support)" and you will see what I mean.

Apparently evil piracy masterminds TV Addons are back at their old games and have posted this on almost all social media sites they could think of, but when they write "our forums" and "Kodi Addons Developer" they of course mean their own TV Addons forum and the developers of illegal addons they support, and not the official Kodi Community Forum ( forum.kodi.tv ) and the developers community of legal addons that we find here on kodi.tv

I think this again show that the people behind TVAddons are still trying to deliberately trying to confuse users into thinking that they are officially affiliated with Team-Kodi / XBMC Foundation, as if their site and repos was actually the official distro channel that Team-Kodi / XBMC Foundation use to distribute addons and their sites/forums is what should be used by all Kodi addon developers.

PS: Credits for discovering this goes to trogggy as I first read about it here => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314769
I just 'reddit' somewhere or other. Wink
(2017-05-22, 12:40)RockerC Wrote: I think this again show that the people behind TVAddons are still trying to deliberately trying to confuse users into thinking that they are officially affiliated with Team-Kodi / XBMC Foundation, as if their site and repos was actually the official distro channel that Team-Kodi / XBMC Foundation use to distribute addons and their sites/forums is what should be used by all Kodi addon developers.

The irony is that it isn't working, hence all the "thank you" threads on OUR forum.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2017-05-22, 13:55)Dangelus Wrote: The irony is that it isn't working, hence all the "thank you" threads on OUR forum.
Still, I'm sure that they now get many more piracy addon users posting thanks in their forums then here since they posted URLs to their forums. The few people posting here in kodi.tv forum instead are only a few piracy addon users who googled for "kodi" instead of following their URL.

I'm sure this clever campaign by TVAddons will see result in that more users will register at their forums, and once registered there many users will think that it is an official Kodi site. Next time those users have a Kodi question many will probably revisit the TVAddons site/forums, no matter if they have addon or core questions. The offending point here being that TVAddons pretends to be officially connected with Kodi. Basically saying that all Kodi addons users should come to them, no matter if those users are looking for all legal or all piracy addons, or no addons at all, they make it sound like TVAddon is the one-stop-shop for all things Kodi.

So time to bump this thread => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233584

TVAddons are once again om a mission to mislead Kodi users into thinking that they are an official Team-Kodi / XBMC Foundation affiliate. The campaign title specifically; "Kodi Addon Developer Appreciation (Visit our Forums to Show Support)" is in their typical pretender style.

In conclusion; TVAddons is trying to make people think they are Kodi and that Kodi is them, and by doing so is still violating the Kodi trademark owned by XBMC Foundation. Best would be if they would get issued with a cease and desist order to stop using the word "Kodi" in any way at all, peroid.
I am certain this is an orchestrated attack by "thank you" messages. No way this can be coincidence...
"Orchestrated attacks" and "cease and desist orders", I think you guys are blowing this out of all proportion. If you actually read the article it clearly points to their forums, and doesn't appear to me to be someone 'trying to pretend they are Kodi'. If users are too dumb to actually read the articles and end up here, it's a misunderstanding on the part of the user, not some big conspiracy and trademark violation that you are making it out to be.
(2017-05-22, 16:05)FXB78 Wrote: "Orchestrated attacks" and "cease and desist orders", I think you guys are blowing this out of all proportion. If you actually read the article it clearly points to their forums, and doesn't appear to me to be someone 'trying to pretend they are Kodi'. If users are too dumb to actually read the articles and end up here, it's a misunderstanding on the part of the user, not some big conspiracy and trademark violation that you are making it out to be.
I'm guessing that you did read this previous thread => http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233584

The people behind TVAddons have on numerous occasions intentionally gone out of their way to look and feel like an official Kodi site which have confused many users.

This is not the second, or forth, or sixth time that TVAddons have pulled stunts like this or worse.
(2017-05-23, 10:15)RockerC Wrote: The people behind TVAddons have on numerous occasions intentionally gone out of their way to look and feel like an official Kodi site which have confused many users.
Maybe so, but I don't think that's the case in this instance. That's all I'm saying.
I agree that TVaddons have previously confused users, either intentionally or unintentionally.

But this time I personally believe this message has gone out to try and recruit more members and get more traffic through their servers. Personally I think most of the addon developers there really couldn't give a monkey's who uses their addons.
(2017-05-23, 10:46)FXB78 Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 10:15)RockerC Wrote: The people behind TVAddons have on numerous occasions intentionally gone out of their way to look and feel like an official Kodi site which have confused many users.
Maybe so, but I don't think that's the case in this instance. That's all I'm saying.
As far as this Kodi community goes TVAddons is evil incarnate, confusing Kodi users for profit, so maybe not defend any of their actions regardless.

Fact is that TVAddons profit from piracy, and based on all previous actions they can be assumed guilty until proven innocent, and not vice versa.

Read => https://kodi.tv/article/piracy-box-selle...lling-kodi

TVAddons is the leader of the piracy problem that is killing Kodi's reputation. Intentionally or not, TVAddons is bad for Kodi, so don't defend them.
(2017-05-23, 11:49)RockerC Wrote: As far as this Kodi community goes...
'This Kodi community' is a pretty broad church.
Everyone talks about "tvaddons previous actions" what are those actions? I don't see them purposely trying to confuse users anywhere...
tvaddons is against box sellers and paid iptv... which is what is really killing kodi by bringing legal attention in the UK
(2017-05-24, 01:51)SONICborg Wrote: Everyone talks about "tvaddons previous actions" what are those actions? I don't see them purposely trying to confuse users anywhere...
RockerC has already linked to this thread:
233584 (thread)
(2017-05-24, 01:53)SONICborg Wrote: tvaddons is against box sellers and paid iptv... which is what is really killing kodi by bringing legal attention in the UK
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. TVAddons is only against box sellers who do not use their addons, and that is only because TVAddons then do not profit from them, so they are not against them in principle.

Get the facts straight; TVAddons distribute addons for piracy which are illegal to use. TVAddons profit from this because they have ads in their piracy addons. It is therefor bad for Kodi's reputation when TVAddons make it seem like their addons come preloaded from kodi.tv and that they are some kind of officially approved affiliate to Kodi.

The only reason for you to support TVAddons actions is if you are both a user of piracy addons and you do not care that those addons hurt the Kodi project reputation. That is, unless you yourself are directly or indirectly affiliated with TVAddons and/or in any way profit from piracy addons. In which case you are only here to troll or disprove us.

(2017-05-24, 01:51)SONICborg Wrote: Everyone talks about "tvaddons previous actions" what are those actions? I don't see them purposely trying to confuse users anywhere...
Read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=233584 which only covers one of the many stunts that TVAddons have performed to impersonate an official Kodi channel.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I hope you die in a fiery death.

There is nothing you can say here to make us think that TVAddons and its affiliates is somehow just a benevolent orignazation not simply out to profit on piracy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Piracy addon devs are at it again confusing users who and what is official Kodi0