Netflix, Youtube and twitch raspberrypi 3
So, im pretty sick of hunting around now feel like everything i try doesnt work. What i'm after is a way to watch netflix, youtube and twitch, with kodi, on my raspberry pi 3. I pay for netflix and want to use my own account, so i just need an addon that works... the flix2kodi one recently updated and supposedly works, but requires a browser of some sorts, which seems to be a problem for a number of rPi distros.

So if anyone knows a way i can have the above 3, on a raspberry pi with or without a browser installed. Im all for it.

im literally at the point where im thinking of buying a kodi box that is basically android and then running the netflix app. Which is silly cos i have a tiny pc sitting here that i just want to use for a kodi media center....

help. thanks.
Proper, native Netflix support is coming to kodi. Some info here.

I have had it running on a Pi 3, with 720p video and 5.1 audio.

But this was on a different fork of kodi. Gradually the required changes are being merged back in and it is expected in kodi 18 (and no doubt earlier in nightly builds).
(2017-05-22, 21:37)popcornmix Wrote: Proper, native Netflix support is coming to kodi. Some info here.

I have had it running on a Pi 3, with 720p video and 5.1 audio.

But this was on a different fork of kodi. Gradually the required changes are being merged back in and it is expected in kodi 18 (and no doubt earlier in nightly builds).

This is pretty amazing news. I knew it was coming eventually (i read something about using chrome to DRM and kodi to handle play back), but i thought we were a way off.

for now, im trying raspbian and gonna see if i can do it all on that. Great news about it potentially being in kodi 18 though
Sorry I meant to link to thread here.
Until Kodi 18, is there a recommended way to get Netflix (and YouTube) going on a Pi 3? I just got my first Pi and I was hoping to use LibreElec, but after a bit of googling it looks like I might need to go with Chromium on Raspbian.
Have a look here. https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...hp?t=40860

I would probably use LXDE rather than Pixel as it is a lot lighter. It can be installed over Raspbian Lite. I've successfully had Youtube running very well with it. I'm not sure if you can get Netflix working due to DRM.
Have not tried this yet so no idea if it still works
https://thepi.io/how-to-watch-netflix-on...pberry-pi/
Till now, I think this is the easiest way of getting Netflix on the Raspberry Pi:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt...3&t=176402

Quality isn't great, it's limited by the hardware and such. Let's see how it will work in Kodi.
(2017-05-22, 21:25)piercy Wrote: So if anyone knows a way i can have the above 3, on a raspberry pi with or without a browser installed. Im all for it.

If you have a Windows machine on your network in addition to the RPi, and you're in the US, then PlayOn rocks! It'll give you all three of the above (Twitch is via a PlayOn plugin, which I haven't tried). The PlayOn server runs on the Windows box and then you'll want to install the PlayOn Browser on the RPi. PlayOn centralizes all of your streaming services into one server (which stores all of your credentials) AND allows recording of those streams. PlayOn clients are available for all of the popular OS's and streaming boxes.

It's essentially a DVR for streaming sites: watch it now or record for later. It also supports off-peak recording if you want to get stuff in the middle of the night when your network is less busy. Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, Crackle, Yahoo! View, YouTube and pretty much all of the major US networks are there. You'll need credentials for most sites to function, though not all. If you're outside the US and want to use it, I suspect you'll need to use a proxy server to work around geo-location restrictions. The recordings are stored as mp4 files and can be processed for commercials if you choose using Comskip or the like.

Otherwise, the Kodi YouTube plugin is good, IF you get your own API keys. There are guides online for getting the keys you need -- SSH into the RPi and edit the YouTube addon's settings.xml file to add them. Settings.xml can be found under userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube. You can enter the keys directly on the RPi too, but there are three of them and they're so long it takes forever on a remote control to punch them in. Copy and paste and SSH are your friends here! Navigate to settings for the addon when you're done to enable your personal API keys and make sure they're showing up -- you may need to reboot first. With the new API keys, you'll need to repeat the "double" initial login process.

Have fun!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix, Youtube and twitch raspberrypi 30