• 1(current)
Multi RAR support no longer works
Since rar support was pulled and moved to add-ons, its no longer working, anyone else here that plays there files from multi-rars?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=307323
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
it used to work perfectly, but since its now gone to an addon, its extremely buggy and hardly works
rar e
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-23, 06:02)nickr Wrote: rar e

huh?
(2017-05-23, 04:05)MidKnight Wrote: it used to work perfectly, but since its now gone to an addon, its extremely buggy and hardly works

You know that Kodi 18 is in pre alpha stage, don't you. You can expect any kind of breakage anytime in this early development stage. So, you should refrain from using it for "production" purposes.
(2017-05-23, 06:03)MidKnight Wrote:

huh?
that is the invocation of the rar binary to unrar your pirated downloaded multi rar file.

eg
Code:
rar e pirateddownloadedmovie.rar
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-23, 08:07)nickr Wrote:
(2017-05-23, 06:03)MidKnight Wrote:

huh?
that is the invocation of the rar binary to unrar your pirated downloaded multi rar file.

eg
Code:
rar e pirateddownloadedmovie.rar

lol
i haven't received a single bug report.
(2017-05-23, 12:11)ironic_monkey Wrote: i haven't received a single bug report.

you not the dev?
Yea he is a dev.
i made both the vfs addon support and the vfs.rar testing add-on. so uhm, yeah. i am "the dev". i was also the original developer of the rar support back in 2005.

just to make it clear: i am not saying there are no bugs, i am saying i cannot do anything about it when they aren't reported (properly). it works for me™.
What OS are you using?
Why did my post get deleted, did i do something wrong ?
@appleseed

Are you referring to this... http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2595647

It was removed as your installation has a number of banned add-ons installed. We do not provide support to those types of installations. There are two options...

1. Remove all offending Builds/Repositories/Add-ons and resubmit your log (see my signature for link to banned add-ons) or
2. Contact the help forums at the site where you downloaded the banned add-ons.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multi RAR support no longer works0