DVB-T Tuner for FM radio?
DVB-T on Amazon

Above is a link to the device I am looking to get to add FM radio on my network .. can I use NextPVR to add radio stations in kodi? I am in the USA so I understand it will only pick up FM radio which is what I am looking for, but I want to be able to listen to the radio on any of my kodi clients not just the pc this will be plugged into .

Has anyone tried this as far as radio is concerned... if so does it pull that song being played as well if the local station is broadcasting it?
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
That specific device wouldn't work, but you can use Hauppauge tuners with FM capabilities in NextPVR and Kodi.

It'd only make sense to get a DVB-T tuner if you're in a country that does DVB...ie not the USA. Instead you'd typically get a tuner built for the standards in that part of the world (ie, a ATSC/QAM digital TV with FM radio).
alright well that makes sense I was just trying to save the money since I live so far out in the country I cant get but a very limited amount like 3 channels over the air...well I am at 23ft in the air now with the antenna so I guess I could go high or get spend right much on a lot better antenna.. I have the 60mile now... but it picks up a lot of radio stations crystal clear.
Hauppauge HVR-1250 will this work with windows 10 without windows media center? if I use nextpvr?

or even better AVerTV Hybrid Volar HD
(2017-05-23, 05:50)smitchell6879 Wrote: Hauppauge HVR-1250 will this work with windows 10 without windows media center? if I use nextpvr?
Yep, it should do.

Quote:or even better AVerTV Hybrid Volar HD
Nope - probably not. When it comes to old school analog or FM, NextPVR only really supports Hauppauge devices (and you need to have the Hauppauge WinTV software installed). For digital TV, things are a lot more standard and you can you use pretty much any manufacturer's devices.
Alright so the hauppauge will allow me to have FM radio within Kodi on any client. And I can change the frequency?
(2017-05-23, 20:48)smitchell6879 Wrote: Alright so the hauppauge will allow me to have FM radio within Kodi on any client. And I can change the frequency?
You basically setup your FM stations in NextPVR, each with their own frequency, then you can stream each station from Kodi. (NextPVR will change frequency on the device depending on the station you're listening to)
Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVB-T Tuner for FM radio?0