mirrors.kodi.tv blocked
Hi,
In the last month or so I saw that I cant install any addon from kodi official repository.
I started to investigate it and I saw that 'mirrors.kodi.tv' is un-reachable from my PC.
I checked this address via my phone and it seems fine.

I found a workaround on my PC by going to Kodi installation folder, to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\repository.xbmc.org\addon.xml.
I changed the 'extension' node to be: 'ftp://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/.....'.
This fixed the issue in My PC.
I still have the same issue in my Tv-Box (android), mainly because I dont find 'repository.xbmc.org' folder with addon.xml inside.

1. Can you please help me locate the folder on my android tv box ?
2. I called my ISP (HotNet from Israel) and they told me that Kodi blocked them. Is it correct ? If yes, what should I do ? Is there a work around? Can you unlock them ?

Currently, on my Tv-box I cant install addons from Kodi official library.

Please help,
Thanks.
We are not actively blocking you or your ISP, but maybe there is some misconfigured system.

Please try to open http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...mirrorlist in a browser.
What do you see, maybe post a screenshot from that webpage.
This member from Israel also had trouble connecting to internet (post #6)

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...t=internet
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Both users also have HotNet as their ISP so that would suggest to me they are causing the problem.

From the link Rechi posted can you download from the top most ranked URL? if not can you try a few of the others from the list.
Hi,
Something changed from yesterday.
Now "mirrors.kodi.tv" responding.
I didn't do nothing at all.

Don't know what changed, if its in ISP or with kodi's mirrors.

Anyway, thanks.
Hi,

I have the same issue. When openning mirrors.kodi.tv from my pc I got "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED' but it works fine on my phone.

Does anyone know what's causing the issue and how to resolve it ? I haven't got problems with any other website etc.
Which country are you in
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Poland, using mobile internet operator Plus.pl with public IP
See the instructions in Post #2

[edit] just realised link won't work as v17.2 has been removed, updated link for v17.3 http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...mirrorlist
Also want to see a Debug Log showing the issue
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Problem solved

It seemed not to be related with Kodi at all but rather with something temporarly blocking my IP on 'mirrors.kodi.tv'

I have internet through 4g modem connected to a router. When I've changed APN in the router (changing at the same time the IP address) I could access the site from both Linux and Win10. When I have changed IP back to the previous one without even touching anything else the issue was still there on both Lin & Win10.

So, I have used the second APN to download all I needed for Kodi and switched back after a while to the old IP. But at this time I surprisingly can connect through now both IP's.
I'm having the same issue. I posted a thread about it.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=329797
(2017-05-23, 13:41)khyaniv30 Wrote: Hi,
In the last month or so I saw that I cant install any addon from kodi official repository.
I started to investigate it and I saw that 'mirrors.kodi.tv' is un-reachable from my PC.
I checked this address via my phone and it seems fine.

I found a workaround on my PC by going to Kodi installation folder, to file C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\addons\repository.xbmc.org\addon.xml.
I changed the 'extension' node to be: 'ftp://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/.....'.
This fixed the issue in My PC.
I still have the same issue in my Tv-Box (android), mainly because I dont find 'repository.xbmc.org' folder with addon.xml inside.

1. Can you please help me locate the folder on my android tv box ?
2. I called my ISP (HotNet from Israel) and they told me that Kodi blocked them. Is it correct ? If yes, what should I do ? Is there a work around? Can you unlock them ?

Currently, on my Tv-box I cant install addons from Kodi official library.

Please help,
Thanks.
 Thank you very much for this post. I had just about given up and thought I was IP blocked or something. After 10 days of problems I decided earlier to see what happened if I used a VPN. I could not connect or ping mirrors.kodi.tv without it. Then I searched this and found this thread and your post and made the change you did and was able (as a test) to install a skin form the repo finally. I spent hours on the phone with my ISP and was about to drop them for my old ISP (which was twice the price)...glad I kept on searching.

Thanks again.
So this is now how it looks which allows me access to the repo...but I believe since I can't reach the bold part bellow the edited address I am unable to play addons that I install from the repo.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="repository.xbmc.org"
        name="Kodi Add-on repository"
        version="2.5.10"
        provider-name="Team Kodi">
  <requires>
    <import addon="xbmc.addon" version="12.0.0"/>
  </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.repository">
        <info>ftp://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/xbmc/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz</info>
        <checksum>http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton/addons.xml.gz.md5</checksum>
        <datadir>http://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/krypton</datadir>
        <hashes>true</hashes>

Any ideas?
@jaded

Please stop cross posting between these two thread.

You have your own thread. Please confine all your posts to your own thread. You are not achieving anything by posting here.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mirrors.kodi.tv blocked1