Plex addon - can't exit or go back
I'm probably in the wrong forum, plus you might think I'm being loco to even care about such a small issue in the grand scheme. So sorry about that, but this is so god damned irritating I just had to comment.

The official Plex addon has the honor of being the first addon ever that won't let me use my return/back (or even esc) button to exit the addon. Luckily the "home" button on my remote got me back to the home screen but most remotes, or even full blown keyboards, don't have this button.

I urge Kodi team to remove this addon from the official repo until Plex get their act together. Which they won't, cause then Plex Media Server wouldn't still suck after almost 10 years, and they wouldn't release the new pos Plex media player which is a f.... disgrace to mankind, but hey..that's for another discussion Laugh
(2017-05-24, 10:57)Soli Wrote: I urge Kodi team to remove this addon from the official repo until Plex get their act together.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-24, 10:58)Martijn Wrote: HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.

Don't be a troll, it doesn't suit you. So apparently it's ok for addons to superimpose their UI over Kodi, and not let you exit unless you have that elusive homepage button on your keyboard?
doesn't it have a "close/exit" button? From what I understood, the Plex add-on is a script, and scripts are allowed to have custom UIs and can have custom keymaps to fit their UI. We'd actually like to see more add-ons that reflect the "brand" of the related service in order to attract more genuine content providers (so that they can see the UI can be done in the way they want it to be). That the back button doesn't take you out of the add-on (or at least promt a "would you like to exit Plex" dialog) can be considered a bug in the add-on and should reported on the Plex website (AFAIK they have a support section in their forum for the add-on)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Plex addon - can't exit or go back0