Error while installing kodi
Im trying to install kodi using ifile because it didnt work through cydia so i have the file but when i try to install it an error shows up (error 256) ive looked everywhere but everyone has a different kind of error because i tried the stashing thing, that didnt work and i also tried the icleaner thing and that didnt work either this is what pops up:

Executing Command: /usr/bin/dpkg -i "/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.2-0_iphoneos-arm.deb"

(Reading database ... 6255 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.2-0_iphoneos-arm.deb ...
Unpacking org.xbmc.kodi-ios (17.2-0) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.2-0_iphoneos-arm.deb (--install):
cannot copy extracted data for './Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi' to '/Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi.dpkg-new': failed to write (No space left on device)
dpkg-deb (subprocess): subprocess decompressing archive member was killed by signal (Broken pipe: 13)
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
Processing triggers for org.coolstar.stash933 (1.5.0) ...
Stash933 App Stasher Version 1.2.2
Copyright 2016, CoolStar.
Please wait, scanning apps...
Stashing /Applications/AppCake.app
Stashing /Applications/BytaFont3.app
Stashing /Applications/PPHelperNS.app
Stashing /Applications/iCleaner.app
Stashing /Applications/iFile.app
Stashing /Applications/iPhoneCake.app
Please wait, scanning for orphaned apps...
Done stashing apps.
Stash933 CLI Tool/Library Stasher Version 1.0
Copyright 2016, CoolStar.
Please wait, reading database...
Folder detected at /usr/lib/p7zip. Not stashing as folders aren't supported yet.
Folder detected at /usr/lib/pkgconfig. Not stashing as folders aren't supported yet.
Please wait, searching for orphaned binaries...
Done stashing binaries.
Please wait, searching for orphaned libraries...
Done stashing libraries.
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/mobile/Documents/org.xbmc.kodi-ios_17.2-0_iphoneos-arm.deb

Finished with Result Code: 256

Also i have enough space to install kodi, both memory and the partition space thing

Help please, thanks
(2017-05-24, 15:39)Angryghoul Wrote: Also i have enough space to install kodi, both memory and the partition space thing

Help please, thanks

Are you sure?

cannot copy extracted data for './Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi' to '/Applications/Kodi.app/Kodi.dpkg-new': failed to write (No space left on device)
Im pretty sure because in the report thing it said that it used the stashing thing and i used icleaner to clean everything out so i really dont know what the problem is also i thought mabye it was ifile so i went to disc scrolled to the bottom and it said 70 mb but kodi only takes 45 so unless it takes 30 mb more than it says idk
Well it tries to move the app to /Applications - which is on the (small) partition and that fails with no space left. Not sure how exactly stashing works - but i thought the goal is to have it on the (bigger) /var/mobile partition... - problem is - it does a dpkg -i which will(!) try to install on the small root partition.
The whole approach of that tool can't work that way...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error while installing kodi0