When will Kodi support Play-Fi streaming protocol?
Because of severe limitations with my current music system, Sonos, I need to move to another music ecosystem. In this regard, Kodi is promising for several reasons but as far as I can tell it does not support whole -home multi room streaming. Play-Fi by DTS is an alternative streaming protocol to Sonos that's supported by a variety of hardware manufacturers including Definitive Technologies, Polk Audo etc. However, the Play-Fi software generally stinks.

Is there any plan for Kodi to support whole-home, multiroom sreaming? If so, any hope for Play-Fi support?

Thanks

Major B

Ps. If you must know, Sonos has given up their focus on supporting personal music libraries and is instead focusing on integrating streaming services like spotify, pandora etc. As such their antiquated system does not reliably support large music libraries with greater than 64K tracks. They have repeatedly told me they have no intention of fixing this. Their software is antique too and relies on UX concepts and design that reflect the '90's more so than 2017 making it more difficult to use than it needs to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When will Kodi support Play-Fi streaming protocol?0