TVNAMER replacement - Tool to rename and move TVShow
Hello all,

I am currently using TVNAMER (a script to rename the tv show with the name of the episode from thetvdb and then move the file into the right tv show folder) however, they have updated their API and TVNAMER is regularly reporting errors.

What script are you guys using? It needs to run on linux, rename the tv show, and then move the file to the tv show folder.

##Edit: Ideally a script that can also deal with Movies, in the same way, scraping names from imdb.

Looking forward to your replies.

thanks,
For TV shows, and in particular, seasons I use Filebot on my Linux box, It's a java app. https://www.filebot.net/
I just noticed that it says it renames movies too and that's a function I've never used, come to think of it. But I move them myself over the network.
I wrote a comparable utility called mnamer which uses the TvMaze API which in my experience has been more reliable than TVDb. It also supports movie files. Give it a try and let me know what you think Smile
(2020-02-07, 07:32)jkwill87 Wrote: I wrote a comparable utility called mnamer which uses the TvMaze API which in my experience has been more reliable than TVDb. It also supports movie files. Give it a try and let me know what you think Smile

Firstly, thank you for your reply. I just had a brief look and it look great!

Whilst I have you there may I ask few questions?

- Is it possible to configure it not to ask the user to accept the renaming/moving and run on the background? I essentially have the script running on my NAS running Archlinux and run the script once my daily download is finish?
- Is it possible to set up a list of forbidden characters and there replacement? i.E. !, ?, etc - that stop the files being readable on my NAS and subsequently being discoverable by Kodi?

And lastly thank you for your work and time on this project!
I recently open sourced my take on fully automated sorting and renaming: rbtr/pachinko
It currently supports tv (via tvdb), and movie sorting is in development. I'm still figuring out docs, but there should be enough in the readme to get started. Contribs and feedback welcome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVNAMER replacement - Tool to rename and move TVShow1