Debug Log missing - stuttering movies
Hardware: ASROCK ION3D 152B Mini Barebone Atom D525 NVIDIA GT218-ION (4GB RAM with 128 SSD HDD)

GPU: ION/PCIe/SSE2
Screen resolution: [email protected]
OpenGL vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version 3.3.0 NVIDIA 304.134

Kodi 17.1 Git:20170320-nogitfound

It is as the movie plays fast for 2 seconds, then normal for 1 second, that back to fast for 2 seconds and so on.

Only happens on some movies, not all movies. All TV seems fine.

I was using Gotham for a while with no issues. Then when I moved to Javis it 1st appeared. I upgraded to Krypton hoping it would resolve the issue. However, it has not.

If I had to say what movies it seems to happen on. It would be any movie that is 1080p and 16:9 ratio. However, 720 16:9 seem fine.

All other movies that are 1080p with 21:9 seem to play fine

https://pastebin.com/kgr9QqV6
The entertainment repo you have installed is from a piracy site and would violate our forum rules (wiki).

Where are your movies coming from?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
The movies come from my NAS.

I have removed entertainment repo after speaking with DarrenHill
Most likely poorly ripped content. What is the origin, did you rip it yourself?

I have seen similar results with rips than were done using variable bitrates.
Could be something different, but i think the way some of your movies are ripped is giving Kodi allergic reactions
Yes i ripped them myself.

Though they played fine when I had xbmc Gotham. They play fine on my computer with VLC media player.
So were you using variable bitrates?
I am using constant bitrate
OK, can't be that, then.
I am fresh out of ideas. It might help if you post the mediainfo of the problematic files for analysis
I may of found it, though I could of sworn I tried this 1st.

Using the Aeon Nox Skin, under the following menu System > Player > Video > Under the heading "Processing"

Allow hardware acceleration - VAAPI was unticked so I ticked it. The stuttering went away. So I try a few things and right now I have the following

Render method = Auto Detect

- Enable HQ Scalers for scaling above = 20%

Allow hardware acceleration - VDPAU = ticked

Prefer VDPAU video mixer = ticked

- Use MPEG-4 VDPAU = unticked

Allow hardware acceleration - VAAPI = ticked

But i also notice the audio was slightly faster then the video, only noticeable when someone was speaking so I also change the following

System > Player > Video > Under the heading "Playback"

Adjust display refresh rate = Always

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Debug Log missing - stuttering movies0