Is THETVDB scraper using the new TVDB 2.0 api?
Ronseal.

Is it? If not, will a new version be ready in time for the October 1st shut off?

Thanks!
No we still use the old one
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks.

Is there a plan to make a new version use the new Api?

I ask as the API 1 is presently experiencing some issues at the moment, and from what I gather there is not much priority to fix them as this will encourage/push developers to using the new Api.

Also, every single user is going to need a unique login/token.

Do we have a Doomsday clock?!!
fairly certain there will be a change as part of the work with getting the python scrapers up to snuff.
Indeed the work on the python scraper appears to have used the 2.0 API however it's still a work in progress, see https://github.com/phate89/xbmc/tree/cha...n_scrapers

However that will only be a solution for v18 if it gets completed, so there will also need to be a strategy for v17 and below, whether that be update the existing thetvdb xml scraper or advise use of tmdb tv xml scraper.
any news on this for prior to v17 builds?

doomsday is under 40 days away!
As it happens, I had already mostly written a regex-based scraper for the 2.0 API a while back, but never really had the motivation to finish it due to the expected advent of Python scraping (which is much more suitable for the kind of hoops you have to jump through).

Anyway, I finished it up and here it is:
https://mega.nz/#!CJkiDBxR!O4EoEOPCQx4S5...Ly0ScTJmfE

This will install as "The TVDB (json)" to keep it separate from the original for testing purposes.

Pros:
It works (as far as I can tell).
It has all the same features as my previous XSLT version.
I also added in a language fallback option for searching and details (much requested).

Cons:
Completely backwards incompatible. You'll need to refresh all your shows for new episodes to appear (due to the different episodeguide URLs).
It's noticeably slower. A lot more separate files have to be downloaded. Especially for long shows, due to paginated episode lists.
The code is an ungodly tangled mess.

Make of it what you will.
@scudlee,

Thanks for the download link. I download and installed the new scraper on my test machine. Ran the scraper on 5 dummy TV Shows I added new. Seemed to scrape no problems at all. I see what you mean by it being slower. Smile

Is this meant to be the replacement for when TVDB shutdown API 1.0 in 4 weeks?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Well it's not really like there is an alternative. At least not for pre v18
Pull Request sent.
Is it possible to get 15.2 isengard to scrape TVDB now that this file is removed and API1.0 is not working

I have been reading in circles for 3 weeks now, and have tried every conceivable fix, only today have i discovered the API change to TVDB

I ask for a fix for 15.2 as that is what is in the repo for mint 18.1 cinnamon, i tried the ppa from kodi which upgraded to 17.6 (Crashing my computer) read several more posts about 16.x and failed to be able to install ppa Kodi-old (well i ended up with kodi 17.x and crashed dismally again)

at this point i have lost my entire database due to merging to a central database and have to rebuild, it has been a long process but i am frustrated with many of the forum posts not being complete in their explanations (im a noob - been using kodi since it was xbmc and love it)

I am disappointed at the Mint maintainers for not updating the ppa for this but im starting to understand now that all versions of kodi above 15.2 seem to be unstable, if i had not upgraded my main system and gifted the children with their own new systems i would still be oblivious to their being a new version, let alone now kodi 18.x

at this point i have reverted all systems back to 15.2 and have central catalog working (movie scraper good!)
I can watch and track my viewing via files, but it would be nice to have the system working properly again (at least until there is a stable release of Kodi)
Hello Tigersden

(2017-12-30, 04:53)Tigersden Wrote: Is it possible to get 15.2 isengard to scrape TVDB now that this file is removed and API1.0 is not working
Yes, you just need to ensure your TVDB scraper is updated to v2.0.5 If you don't have that version installed, then update the add-on via Add-ons>My Add-ons>Information Providers>TV Information. Highlight The TVDB, call up the Information Page and select Update. If that does not work, then you will need to update the Repository from the Left Sideblade menu first.. http://kodi.wiki/view/Home_screen_and_ba...blade_Menu

(2017-12-30, 04:53)Tigersden Wrote: I have been reading in circles for 3 weeks now, and have tried every conceivable fix, only today have i discovered the API change to TVDB
The API changes are explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588

(2017-12-30, 04:53)Tigersden Wrote: at this point i have lost my entire database due to merging to a central database and have to rebuild, it has been a long process but i am frustrated with many of the forum posts not being complete in their explanations (im a noob - been using kodi since it was xbmc and love it)
You should consider the Import-Export function to ensure you can easily recover your library... http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-Export_library
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Quote:Tigersden Wrote:
Is it possible to get 15.2 isengard to scrape TVDB now that this file is removed and API1.0 is not working

Yes, you just need to ensure your TVDB scraper is updated to v2.0.5 If you don't have that version installed, then update the add-on via Add-ons>My Add-ons>Information Providers>TV Information. Highlight The TVDB, call up the Information Page and select Update. If that does not work, then you will need to update the Repository from the Left Sideblade menu first.. Home_screen_and_basic_controls#Sideblade_Menu (wiki)
Thank you very much, turns out a fresh install of 15.2 uses Scraper 3.0.1
you have saved me many more hours on this plight to insanity, the slide blade bit updated but changed nothing
I have been reading in circles for 3 weeks now, and have tried every conceivable fix, only today have i discovered the API change to TVDB

The API changes are explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588
I managed to find this today, unfortunately most of the techo stuff goes over my head, most of this post is related to refreshing an existing database, see below
at this point i have lost my entire database due to merging to a central database and have to rebuild, it has been a long process but i am frustrated with many of the forum posts not being complete in their explanations (im a noob - been using kodi since it was xbmc and love it)

You should consider the Import-Export function to ensure you can easily recover your library... Import-Export_library
I followed the forum suggestions there, an unfortunate hard drive failior caused a total loss of files during the hardware upgrade process, seems every time i try to update my HTPC i end up doing it from scratch, if nothing else i am learning a lot.

Some of the new files added to the new hard drive have .nfo files, but most don't, the problem i have been experiancing is that none of my TV series will Scrape
My bad, must be another issue going on somewhere else
(2017-12-30, 05:54)Tigersden Wrote: Thank you very much, turns out a fresh install of 15.2 uses Scraper 3.0.1
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. v3.0.1 is for Kodi v17 and above. If you have issues scraping, you will have to install v2.0.5

(2017-12-30, 05:54)Tigersden Wrote: the problem i have been experiancing is that none of my TV series will Scrape
You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, run an Update Library. Once done upload to pastebin and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Debug log:- https://pastebin.com/T3NTahDi 
Quote:Hmm, that doesn't sound right. v3.0.1 is for Kodi v17 and above. If you have issues scraping, you will have to install v2.0.5
At some point earlier i did have Kodi 17.6 on this box, it could be leftovers

I will try to downgrade

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is THETVDB scraper using the new TVDB 2.0 api?0