Show embedded thumbnail?
(2017-06-20, 09:31)jjd-uk Wrote: If you know the ffmpeg commands to do this then perhaps post these here then hopefully someone with the knowledge of where to place the function will come along and implement it.
Is it ffmpeg "under the hood"? I didn't know that. Yeah, I should be able to get the functionality down...
(2017-06-20, 09:59)nickr Wrote: And should it then replace part of what the scraper does? Or defer to the scraper? Which takes precedence?
IMO, if this works for a given file, then there shouldn't be a need to scrape the info.
Regarding ffmpeg functionality... Should I just write it as a shell-script?
(2017-06-20, 10:37)smasha Wrote:
(2017-06-20, 09:59)nickr Wrote: And should it then replace part of what the scraper does? Or defer to the scraper? Which takes precedence?
IMO, if this works for a given file, then there shouldn't be a need to scrape the info.
Yes except afaik the embedded artwork will be one pic (correct me if I am wrong).

Kodi wants fanart, thumbnail, poster and others (depending on skin). Also people like things like ratings, actors etc. Scraping will still be needed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I don't know about ffmpeg, but for mp4 (and other quicktime based formats) it seems that AtomicParsley is the tool of choice.

AtomicParsley /path/file.mp4 -T 1 - shows all the atoms in the file

AtomicParsley /path/file.mp4 -E - extracts all pics in the the mp4 file and leaves them in /path

Well that’s what the instructions say anyway. All the mp4 files I have that I have tried so far perhaps don't have any artwork inside.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-20, 11:12)nickr Wrote: Kodi wants fanart, thumbnail, poster and others (depending on skin). Also people like things like ratings, actors etc. Scraping will still be needed.
I'm not sure I understand your use of the word "needed" in that context.

At least with MKV files, all of that info can be added to metadata, if desired.
Alright... ffmpeg's "-dump_attachment" option should do the trick, but I'm not having any luck at all with it on ffmpeg version 2.8.11-0ubuntu0.16.04.1

While digging around, I found this, which may be relevant - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=58117
(2017-06-20, 11:46)nickr Wrote: Well that’s what the instructions say anyway. All the mp4 files I have that I have tried so far perhaps don't have any artwork inside.
MP4Box is a good way to add artwork to an MP4 file.

Code:
MP4Box  -itags  cover=img.jpg  -cat in-file.mp4  -new  out-file.mp4

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show embedded thumbnail?0