• 3(current)
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help
Version 0.7b now readyBig Grin
Link

Additional options added :
remove <premiered> tag
remove all tags containing no data
remove all padding
overwrite option added - unless checked program will not overwrite existing files
replace "min" with "minute" in <runtime> tag

Bugs fixed:
Error fixed if wrong xml was loaded

All attempts to remove extra blank line at end is defeating me at the moment, I can't find the cause for it.Sad

as always - thanx for feedback
OK - I've done quite a bit of work on this today

this is release 1.0 Download

Additional remove tags have been added to bring the .nfo file in line with that listed at
http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index Movie_nfo_Files

And a default settings Button added to remove all tags not related to movies.

While I don't expect to be adding anything more to this project there are a couple of things that I woud like to add but require further development of XBMC, namely an additional tag in the exported db which includes the thumbnail filename, this would allow me to add a section to retrieve the thumbs and rename them filename.tbn along with the .nfo file and additionally, I would like to see .nfo support for TV shows which at the moment take just as much time to scrape and organise as movies.

If anyone comes across a bug then let me know and I will do my best to fix it.

Thanx for all the feedbackBig Grin
Thanks for the program - and be sure you're using XMBC.ORG, not xboxmediacenter.com - your link should be:

http://www.xbmc.org/wiki/index.php?title..._nfo_Files
Found a problem - I checked "Replace Min in <runtime> with 'Minutes'" and it replaced instances of min outside of runtime - it renamed all instances of "Terminator" with "Terminutesator"
"When you're running late, make sure you don't run into... The Terminutesator!"
Catchy Signature Here
SleepyP Wrote:"The Terminutesator!

cant seem to find that movie on IMDb Rofl
jaredharley Wrote:Found a problem - I checked "Replace Min in <runtime> with 'Minutes'" and it replaced instances of min outside of runtime - it renamed all instances of "Terminator" with "Terminutesator"

Update Version 1.01 Download Blush Laugh Blush Laugh
I actually just ran an automated scan on my movie collection overnight, which hopefully will be done by the time I get home from work, so I should have a huge test set of data to throw at this thing Smile
Catchy Signature Here
Based on the discussion here [thumbnails], would it be easier to open the actual database on the xbox, rather than parsing the exported xml file? If you were to read the database directly, you could pull out the same information, place it into the seperate .nfo files, and then pull the thumbs at the same time.
But then I thought some more, and realized my idea of reading the database directly would have the same FTP access problems that SleepyP pointed out in the thumbnails thread.
just ran the program across a 7 MB XML file with all processing options turned on. It took about 45 seconds to spit out 530ish files. SUPAR! hehe

I ran into one minor bug that only I will encounter: Because I had already gone in and fiddled with replacing "min" with "minutes" in the runtime tags, the result is a double-replace which looks like this: <runtime>110 minutesutes</runtime>. Normal users will not encounter this error I don't think. Will post any actual bugs as soon as I find them, but as it stands I think this thing is just about perfected Smile
Catchy Signature Here
Ohhh I gotta play with this!
Suggestion: Current save option is root or bookmark name (in my case General). Can you further to export to the path for multipath bookmarks? Since I will be exporting in order to replace all the current plain link nfo files its far easier to have the path so I simply select the directory rather than hunting the list for the next one... even though they are in alphabetical order.

Incidentally I ran it and got 2300 files in @ 7 minutes doing full export WOOHOO!
HarshReality Wrote:Suggestion: Current save option is root or bookmark name (in my case General). Can you further to export to the path for multipath bookmarks? Since I will be exporting in order to replace all the current plain link nfo files its far easier to have the path so I simply select the directory rather than hunting the list for the next one... even though they are in alphabetical order.

Incidentally I ran it and got 2300 files in @ 7 minutes doing full export WOOHOO!

Glad you liked it Laugh

Not sure what you are asking for in the export of the files - could you explain in a bit more detail please
http://coastalrocket.blogspot.com/2007/1...-xbmc.html

I posted this a while back but since its all the same kind of thing it's worth a plug here. Mine's more concerned with creating NFO files for new movies as you drop them into your shared folder. It'll create a basic NFO file - pointing to the imdb url, and it'll create the folder.jpg and movename.tbn files.

More than happy to share the code.

If i create a title tag in the NFO file is there any alterations on the xbmc side to pick this up? I remember reading a thread about this but can't remember where it was left off.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New .nfo creator for Windows - Need a bit of help0