Kodi Switches resolutions with gtx 1060 video card
So, I recently upgraded my video card in my HTPC from a ATI 7950 to a GTX 1060.

My computer connects to my receiver and so do my TV. My TV in the output HDMI port and my computer in the input HDMI port.
When I had the ATI card installed Kodi never switched resolutions when I attempted to play a video. With the GTX 1060 it does all the time. At first I thought it might be due to some leftover ATI drivers or software. I formatted and reinstalled Windows 10. The issue still persists.

Sync Playback to Display: Disabled
Adjust Display refresh rate: Disabled

I am just wondering if anyone else has has this problem (feature) and might know how to stop it so that there is no resolution switching.
No Debug Log no issue
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-05-27, 09:35)fritsch Wrote: No Debug Log no issue

Fair enough.
My Kodi Log of it switching to play the video and switching back when i stop the video
You haven't enabled debugging. Resubmit with debugging enabled.

Although, reading your original post, I fail to see what the issue is.

I am wondering if you are confusing Resolution with Frame Rate/Hz

Your TV will always change Hertz mode to suit the incoming signal. So if your Desktop and Kodi is set to, say, 60Hz and you play a movie that is 25 frames per second (fps) your TV will adjust to either 25Hz or 50Hz. This is normal, and surprising to hear you say that it never occurred before.

To minimise this, set your desktop to a Hz setting that matches most of the content you have. So if you mainly watch TV Shows with a frame rate of 25fps, then set your computer graphics setting to 50Hz
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Switches resolutions with gtx 1060 video card0