17.3 upgrade on 17.04 Ubuntu fails
I am running Ubuntu 17.04 and am trying to update Kodi from 17.1 to 17.3 for security issues. Having a problem with dependency issues. Here is output

apt-get install kodi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:17.3+git20170525.0741-final-0zesty) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:17.3+git20170525.0741-final-0zesty.1~) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python-bluez but it is not installable or
python-lightblue but it is not installable
Depends: python-imaging but it is not installable
Depends: libnfs8 but it is not installable or
libnfs4 but it is not installable or
libnfs1 but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Can anyone give a newbie Linux user a helping hand?
Thank you in advance.
This may help

https://www.linuxhint.com/install-kodi-1...er-ubuntu/
sudo apt full-upgrade
I tried the "apt full-upgrade", followed by "apt-get install kodi" but had same dependency problem. It seems to that there is a prerequisite/dependency that need to be satisfied. In my case

Depends: kodi-bin (>= 2:17.3+git20170525.0741-final-0zesty) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: kodi-bin (< 2:17.3+git20170525.0741-final-0zesty.1~) but it is not going to be installed

Could it be that I have incorrect link to the 17.3 Kodi software (PPA)?

My /etc/apt/software.list.d directory is getting pretty cluttered and confusing.

Any more thoughts?
Cheers
Still no solution. Can someone explain the "dependencies" as illustrated in the original post?

I installed/reinstalled python-bluez as it seems that it is a prereq for Kodi 17.3. But Kodi still will not install with same errors?

Has anyone successfully installed Kodi 17.03 on Ubuntu Yakkety?
It's difficult to say without knowing your sources or seeing the output of e.g. apt-cache policy kodi* (which will be a long list), but your comment about "software.list.d getting pretty cluttered" makes me wonder if you've got clashing repositories defined.

As a test, can you post the output of apt-cache policy kodi and apt-cache policy kodi-bin, please?
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
17.3 upgrade on 17.04 Ubuntu fails0