Solved Password storing problem with KODI 17.3 and QNAP NAS
Good evening everyone,

I recently acquired a QNAP NAS (453A) and I took the opportunity to install KODI version 17.3.

Everything happens except for a recurring problem that can quickly become painful. When searching for a first video source, I have previously filled in my IP and then my identifiers, making sure to remember the password to avoid having to retype it. However, it happens very often that the password is "forgotten". In this case, I am obliged to enter the password again. And even memorizing it again is the same thing some time after.

At the same time, it happens regularly that in wanting to play a video file, KODI indicates that the file can not be found (that is, access to the NAS did not happen because no stored password and no access to the NAS ).

Knowing that this problem did not appear on other versions of KODI that I had tested before on my NAS, is this a bug of KODI 17.3 and maybe already listed? Do you have an idea of ​​the corrections I can make or better to change version and take the 17.1?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Good night!
Hello sybellus,

When you say you acquired a NAS and installed Kodi, do you mean you installed kodi on the QNAP NAS?

Can you provided a debug log. Instructions in my signature below. After you enable debugging, restart Kodi and replicate the problem.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for your answer but the problem solved by itself. Can be a temporary bug !!

Good night!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Password storing problem with KODI 17.3 and QNAP NAS0