v17 NFS Browsing Issue
Hello @all,

i have a nice issue with NFS browsing. I have 4 NFS Servers. When i start adding an additional path in Kodi and i klick an nfs, nornmally all servers are enumerated. But currently only 3 of 4 are enumerated.The one which is missing, is with all source nfs shares.... Kodi can access all files, scan and so on, but it does not show it when enumerating the servers

the one which is missing is a qnap with qts 4.3, the others are a qnap with qts 4.2 and to raspberry pi.... (with shared files for kodi).

This happens on both - windows (store app and native app) and rapsberry pi (osmc)

showmount -e from any linux client shows all shares....

don't know where to start debugging....

NFS Version is 2/3 v4 is not enabled...

Exports are identically - so from my point of view - how does browsing for nfs shares work...

Working one:
"/share/MD0_DATA/Public" *(rw,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,no_root_squash)

Not working one:
"/share/MD0_DATA/Public" *(rw,async,no_subtree_check,insecure,no_root_squash)
Are all in the same subnet?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
yes... 192.168.2.70 and 192.168.2.72
the thing is, as i installed kodi - it worked - and what is interesstings it, that it's the same from windows kodi and linux kodi....
more over, access nfs is fine....there's one difference in the servers, the one which does not work has a newer qnap OS (4.3) the one which works has 4.2
This is the library we use to get the list of found servers: https://github.com/sahlberg/libnfs - you would need to ask there or add an issue for clearing up what needs to be in place so that a nfs server is found in the network.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
i've asked on the mailing list, but should it not be possible to get some debug info out of kodi?
(2017-06-02, 11:17)DirkLaurenz Wrote: i've asked on the mailing list, but should it not be possible to get some debug info out of kodi?

Hi, Dirk. Have you made any inroads into this?

I saw your exchange on the libnfs mailing list, and have done some research of my own. I have a QNAP TS-251A which also doesn't show up on a Kodi "NFS Browse".

It seems that the QNAP, for some reason, isn't replying back to libnfs' portmapper request broadcast. I've ruled out issues with my network; que NAS has the UDP broadcasts arrive at its network connection.
(2017-06-02, 11:17)DirkLaurenz Wrote: i've asked on the mailing list, but should it not be possible to get some debug info out of kodi?

Nope there are no printouts in that section of libnfs. Also i hope you don't really mean mailing list. Because afaik sahlberg doesn't have one. I meant the github issues section on his libnfs project...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Browsing Issue0