WIP Automatic skin refresh addon
So i've recently been learning how to create and modify skins and I realized that having to leave my text editor and refocus the Kodi window and then hit a key to reload the skin to see any changes soon got very very tedious...... So I wrote this simple service script.

service.skin.refresh

Just set the path to the skin you are using/editing and it will run in the background and every time it sees a file change the skin will automatically reload.

This is my first ever Kodi addon so I'm sure there may be problems I haven't seen yet Smile

https://github.com/roidy/service.skin.refresh
Useful for anyone not using Phil's SublimeText plugin KodiDevKit.
Lol... yep, I must one of the few people who doesn't use SublimeText. I've been using NotePad++ for so long and have it setup just right that I really don't want to change.
I tried sublime but can't get used to it after using notepad plus for so long ... I know everyone says it's better but I personally lost interest when I could figure out how to 'fold' or collaspe different levels I wasn't working on.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2017-06-03, 08:37)smitchell6879 Wrote: I tried sublime but can't get used to it after using notepad plus for so long ... I know everyone says it's better but I personally lost interest when I could figure out how to 'fold' or collaspe different levels I wasn't working on.

Its in the left margin next to the line numbers. Mouseover and the arrows appear, click the arrow to fold the code.

Is there away to fold all the code to a "level" from the header or menus? or would I have to do them one by one? I will redownload and give it another go.
(2017-06-04, 00:21)smitchell6879 Wrote: Is there away to fold all the code to a "level" from the header or menus? or would I have to do them one by one? I will redownload and give it another go.

Edit > Code Folding >
thanks I am trying it out is there a way to search all open files? or all files in a folder?

with notepad I could search all open files and I used this alot
CTRL + SHIFT + F if I'm not mistaken
Now overall I see why every one uses sublime... The multiple cursors are cool as well thanks guys.

Roidy I apologise for taking over you thread. Your add-on really is very handy
(2017-06-06, 11:18)smitchell6879 Wrote: Now overall I see why every one uses sublime... The multiple cursors are cool as well thanks guys.

Roidy I apologise for taking over you thread. Your add-on really is very handy

Lol... No worries...

But you do realize that Notepad++ also has "multiple cursors", you just need to activate it in the settings and then ctrl+left click everywhere you want a cursor.
Nawll didn't know that .... haha don't make me choose hahaha ... Can't I just use both lol thanks Smile
Best thing about multiple cursors on sublime is that you can highlight some text then press ctrl+d to highlight the next bit of matching text so you get multiple cursors (you can press multiple times) - I'm not sure if notepad++ has that feature and it's one of my favourite things in sublime. Really useful if you need to change a specific keyword in multiple lines. Also really useful with the increment number plugin.
In notepad I can press Ctrl d to duplicate something how do I do it in sublime. ? I know these are smiple questions but this is the stuff I use a lot and u take for granted until it changes
(2017-06-07, 01:08)smitchell6879 Wrote: In notepad I can press Ctrl d to duplicate something how do I do it in sublime. ? I know these are smiple questions but this is the stuff I use a lot and u take for granted until it changes

Place the cursor on the line you want to duplicate, then simply do CTRL+C and CTRL+V

But maybe it's better to start a separate SublimeText tips and tricks kind of thread instead of derailing roidy's further

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic skin refresh addon0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.