• 8(current)
v19 Pluto.TV
I have been using various Kodi versions for awhile but my technical know-how is limited so I am still pretty much a beginner. I have not been able to get the Pluto add-on to work at all, much to my dismay. Anything I try to play just returns an error. The log file says 'CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error (22) for ... [and then it gives the HTTP address of whatever I tried to play]. I don't really understand what it is telling me but I suspect the HTTP error may be a permission issue.
(2018-01-19, 04:59)Rikkitic Wrote: I have been using various Kodi versions for awhile but my technical know-how is limited so I am still pretty much a beginner. I have not been able to get the Pluto add-on to work at all, much to my dismay. Anything I try to play just returns an error. The log file says 'CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error (22) for ... [and then it gives the HTTP address of whatever I tried to play]. I don't really understand what it is telling me but I suspect the HTTP error may be a permission issue.
 I'd need a full log with Debugging enabled in both Kodi and the Pluto.TV plugin.

FYI Pluto.TV Requires Kodi v.17 and up and has geo restrictions. So select the proper region.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Thank you for the quick reply. How full should the log be? Is a day or two enough or does it have to go back forever?

I do have the correct regions set. I have SPMC 17.6 on an Android box and Kodi 17.3 on Windows. They both behave the same. I also have the Pluto app on a Shield and that works fine. I just can't get Pluto work with your add-on.

I will try to upload the log file within a day or so.
(2018-01-07, 02:01)slimpy Wrote: I was getting the error in Kodi, "Pluto.tv unable to connect check credentials" - I resolved this error on a Raspberry Pi 3 Retropie with Kodi 17.3 by using Raspi-Config to set the correct regional settings to En-US.  Raspberry Pi3 by default are set to a European locale.  Also make sure date and time are correct.
I worked it out. Thanks again.
Hello, new user here. I just installed Kodi v17 on an AppleTV today, and am trying to get this add-on working.  I have it installed, it logs in with my credentials, and my region (US) is selected.  However when I select "Channel Guide" I immediately get an error and when I select "Browse Channels," I see the genres, and then drill down to select a channel, but when I select one of those, I get another error.  So I'm unable to watch any video via Pluto.tv inside Kodi.  

Here's a log file:  https://paste.ubuntu.com/26490932/

Any insight or helpful support appreciated.  And thanks so much!
Sorry your log contains banned plugins which void my technical support. You may find a solution by reading previous posts...
Gotcha, thanks for the reply, and I apologize for that too. I am new to this, and the first thing I tried adding was Pluto.tv, which didn't work. I did read this thread, and nothing recommended did the trick for me.  Then I went fumbling around Google and added repositories hoping to get any dependencies installed. Clearly that wasn't a good idea.  I'm removing all of these plugins now, and might just wipe Kodi completely and reinstall it fresh, to try and get to the bottom of this.

In the meantime, thanks for your work on this plugin, it looks great.
Everything on the net that does not originate from Kodi.tv is there to trick and mislead you into install repositories that contain malware.

So I'd avoid all guides and videos found on the net; unless it's directly published by the plug-in developer.

Your log indicates a possible issue with either your system time or possibly your region maybe geoblocked. Where are you located?
Yep, I have learned that, and appreciate your patience. Those "tutorials" sure are sneaky, offering help to newbies who don't know any better.  Sad
Anyway I got rid of all of those add-ons and started over fresh. Feels better already. Smile But Pluto.tv is still not playing any video for me.  Same error.

I am in the US (California.)  I checked Settings -> Interface -> Regional (in Expert mode) but don't see any mention of time zone or time setting to check or adjust.  The clock displayed in the upper right hand corner is correct though. I suspect that means it is getting the time from tvOS? (As this install of Kodi 17.6 is running on a 4K AppleTV.  Hmm, would that matter?)
Hello,

Raspberry Pi 2b
OSMC

I'm having an issue where the channels eventually stop playing back. Most noticeably on the "CBSN 3 - Live" stream but it happens on every channel I've tried. I have to keep starting it up again. I really want it to play back uninterrupted for the whole day. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm wondering if there is some kind of buffering timeout thing that's happening. Is it possible to make the add-on never stop trying to load the stream? 

Thanks for making this add-on and for any help you can offer.
(2018-02-13, 21:28)goodmayonnaise Wrote: Hello,

Raspberry Pi 2b
OSMC

I'm having an issue where the channels eventually stop playing back. Most noticeably on the "CBSN 3 - Live" stream but it happens on every channel I've tried. I have to keep starting it up again. I really want it to play back uninterrupted for the whole day. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm wondering if there is some kind of buffering timeout thing that's happening. Is it possible to make the add-on never stop trying to load the stream? 

I've had similar issues, it seems to happen to me whenever CBSN cuts to a commercial break and back, not sure why. However, I've gotten around the problem by turning on repeat in the playlist. Hence, if the stream cuts out it immediately reconnects.
(2018-02-15, 20:56)Diskotechjam Wrote:
(2018-02-13, 21:28)goodmayonnaise Wrote: Hello,

Raspberry Pi 2b
OSMC

I've had similar issues, it seems to happen to me whenever CBSN cuts to a commercial break and back, not sure why. However, I've gotten around the problem by turning on repeat in the playlist. Hence, if the stream cuts out it immediately reconnects.  
I tried that but it wont repeat for me. It eventually stops. I turned on repeat by using the web interface. How did you turn on the repeat? I'm glad you were able to make it happen.
I don't find Kodi very intuitive and I can't figure out how to control the playlist in general from the OSMC GUI, let alone turn on the repeat from there. Other video files and youtube links will loop. Not CBSN though.

Update: I found an IPTV stream of CBSN online and put it in a .STRM file. So far its working better than Pluto.
Hi everyone,

I'm getting a Python error ever time I try to use the Pluto channel guide in Kodi. The full log file is here https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/4c4QgrZjgp/ but the relevant bits seem to begin at "ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--"

I've reinstalled the latest versions of both Python 2 and 3 and restarted Kodi/the PC. Any thoughts as to what I might be missing here?
Thanks for the log... Can you please enable debugging from within the Pluto.TV plugin... I see the error just not the details to why it happened. THX
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pluto.TV2