View dependencies before install from repo.
What it says. I guess the information's already there.
Inspired by installing a skin to try last night and seeing 27 (27!!!) new zip files in my packages folder.
Some of them are dependencies of dependencies, so a list in the repo view wouldn't show them all, but being able to view what's listed in the addon.xml wouldn't do any harm.
Good idea IMHO.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yep, I like this one too. The information is readily available, so why not make it visible to the user prior to installation?
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Good suggestion!
Good idea Smile
It's a really good idea.

And it's an issue I put a lot of thought into for the Rapier skin. I recently removed 3 addons from the skin dependencies.

Maybe the list/dialog should be limited to only show addons not already installed.
That way users will not be scared by a long list where eg. 90 % of the addons are already installed.
+1

Sent from my SM-G935T
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
This idea has been there since years however so far no one had time to add it. Volunteers?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-02, 19:44)Martijn Wrote: This idea has been there since years however so far no one had time to add it. Volunteers?
I'm still learning my way through Kodi's source... Am I correct to assume the best approach would be filling a built-in infolabel with the dependency meta?

Sent from my SM-G935T
you can polish this, https://github.com/notspiff/xbmc/tree/draft_addon_deps
note lack of a response prompted me to continue my efforts, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12242
Good idea!

@ironic_monkey, wondering if the dependency dialog could be functional where you could also select an individual from the list and be taken to a logical point where you could view it's further details, configuration etc. ? Or is this just over complicating?

And to keep taking the dependencies thing further but a view from the other side, is it possible to view which addons are dependent on a given module? ie. if I click on the 'requests' module addon view which addons depend on it?
(2017-06-05, 17:29)Eldorado Wrote: Good idea!

@ironic_monkey, wondering if the dependency dialog could be functional where you could also select an individual from the list and be taken to a logical point where you could view it's further details, configuration etc. ? Or is this just over complicating?

That's already in. You click on the dep and it opens that info window
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-05, 17:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 17:29)Eldorado Wrote: Good idea!

That's already in. You click on the dep and it opens that info window

Ah thanks, good stuff!
(2017-06-05, 14:17)ironic_monkey Wrote: note lack of a response prompted me to continue my efforts, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12242
Sorry, I didn't see your response... I'll take a gander.

Sent from my SM-G935T

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
View dependencies before install from repo.0