Windows - Kodi takes long time to exit (shut down)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handsomelover Offline
I have windows 10, krypton is installed and works fine.
But it started having problem with exit. When I try to shut down or exit it takes long time. It wasn't like that.
It used to shut down (exit) right away.

Also, how can I remove unwanted Addons? Youtube was added which I didn't install.
find quote
PatK Offline
Team-Kodi Member
Long shutdowns, I usually attribute to networking and waiting for the other side of the connection for no good reason or some errant add-on. Is the interface disappearing quickly 5-10 seconds or does it hold up the screen? Run windowed mode, check with processes explorer looking at the properties of Kodi and what's holding up the works. A debug log will have some clue if it's an add-on. Best way of diagnosis is to run a 'portable' install with nothing loaded, and just open & close... at least that is what your system performance allows. Of course a debug log (wiki) should be informative.

Youtube could be loaded for its dependencies, a regular add-on is eliminated in the information panel, with un-install.

windows fresh start -> delete C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi First time user (wiki) Log file (wiki) Video management (wiki) Artwork (wiki) Supported hardware (wiki) Releases (wiki) Database versions (wiki) Skin features compatibility list (wiki) http://xbmc-skins.com
(This post was last modified: Today 00:29 by PatK.)
find quote
DarrenHill Offline
Team-Kodi Minion
It's probably all the banned addons (wiki) phoning home...

| Banned add-ons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki) | Free Movies/TV Shows
find quote