Help Getting a VRC-1100 remote working with Fedora 25
Hello,

To get the basics out of the way:
Fedora 25 64-bit
AMD CPU
AMD discrete graphics card - AMD RX 460
Using a special kernel that allows the AMD to work over HDMI and send sound over HDMI
Gnome 3.x with Wayland
Kodi as installed from packages in RPMFusion.

OK. So here's what's going on - I've got the VRC-1100 remote (see this page in the wiki: http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_MCE_remote...s#VRC-1100 )

Everything was working perfectly fine until I suffered a hard drive crash. Put a new hard drive in, reinstalled Fedora, got everything configured. But the remote doesn't work well. As that wiki page says:

Out of the box, the following keys do not make it to Kodi interface:

Previous Track
Play
Next Track
Stop
Volume Up
Volume Down
Mute
close
Power

However, creating the keymap from that wiki page doesn't work. (Also, when I looked on my Ubuntu laptop in the bedroom, I'm pretty sure it didn't have/need that keymap file).

So what happens when I push stop is that I get a big square with the universal "NO" sign. This also happens if I'm not in Kodi, so I think Gnome might be intercepting the keypress.

However, I don't think I was able to do

"In the Ubuntu desktop, go to System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts (tab) > Sounds and Media and disable italicized above items by selecting them then pressing backspace.

Next go to System Settings > Keyboard > Shortcuts (tab) > Windows and disable "Close window" by selecting it then pressing backspace. "

from the Wiki. I think things have changed sufficiently or maybe that was an Ubuntu-centric thing.

This is making using Kodi on this computer quite annoying. So anything anyone here can do to help would be so, so AWESOME.

Please let me know what to do and/or what additional information you need.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Getting a VRC-1100 remote working with Fedora 250