Android MXQ Pro s905 Quad Core Android TV box not displaying Kodi icon in the menu
Question 
I have a MXQ Pro s905 Quad Core Android TV box (https://tv-android.com) with Kodi 17 installed on it. But the box is not displaying Kodi icon in any of its menu. I have to connect Keyboard and Mouse to the android TV box and then go to Google Play Store each time and the search for Kodi and when it comes up in the search it gives 2 options - Uninstall and Open. Then I have to click "Open" to open Kodi. The Kodi icon is not displayed in My Apps. Is there any way to put the Kodi icon in the Andoid box's main menu or in its My Apps?

Image Image Image
This is not a Kodi issue but a launcher issue. The default chinese launcher sucks bigtime anyway, why don't you install something like this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...launchertv It is really simple but has all the needed features, and it is much smaller than all other launchers, consumes less RAM etc. And you can chose which icons to have on main screen....
Thanks DaLanik, I would try it and let you know whether it worked.
I just took a look at your device, and since it has "only" 1Gb or RAM, I think you will benefit from the smaller launcher Smile
Is the "Simple TV Launcher" you suggested a "small launcher"? Any other good alternatives?

Have you used any of the ones mentioned in the following link like "HALauncher"?

https://www.droiddude.co.uk/blog-2/tv-la...cb7bbc0d23
I tried several but they all used much more RAM and had things I don't need... this is the smallest launcher... anyway, I run Kodi immediately after launcher boots, automatically... so I need launcher only if I need access to system to make some changes.
(2017-06-02, 14:06)DaLanik Wrote: I tried several but they all used much more RAM and had things I don't need... this is the smallest launcher... anyway, I run Kodi immediately after launcher boots, automatically... so I need launcher only if I need access to system to make some changes.

I am not getting you correctly here.

Do I need to install the launcher and then restart the android box and the launcher would be running automatically?

Do I need to configure the launcher settings to make it display Kodi on the main screen?
No no, I use another small app to automatically launch Kodi.

Sent from my SM-G955F
So just install the launcher and Kodi would be displayed on the main screen / My Apps automatically?
Yes, there are 2 screens there, 1 with all apps and desktop. I thin you need to add it to desktop from all apps drawer...
Same problem with the new mxq pro plus 6.0.1
It is working fine now. Kodi on first landing page itself. It was a launcher issue.Thanks...
It's not an "issue" it's purposefully done by chinese android box makers because of the whole unauthorized 3rd party piracy addons giving kodi a bad name. It's a customs thing. They edit the launcher so it looks like kodi is not on there when it is. It's disguised as something else like the calculator.
Can you please tell me how did you fix you issue since i have the same issue?
I've installed and reinstalled Kodi on my MX10 android 8.1 box but the icon is not showing on my screen

Many thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ Pro s905 Quad Core Android TV box not displaying Kodi icon in the menu0