Simple Question About LibreELEC
If this has been asked before I crave indulgence from you all.

Is it possible to install the Kodi 17.3 LibreELEC OS onto a CS 918 box with an AMD Cortex A9 cpu and Mali 400 gpu?

It currently has Android Kitkat on it.
Hi,

this thread may help: 306038 (thread)

Cheers
(2017-06-02, 14:24)hansl Wrote: Hi,

this thread may help: 306038 (thread)

Cheers

Thank you indeed for your help.

Unfortunately I still can't see if LibreELEC is suitable for my set up.
ok, I honestly have no clue regarding Android but the answer to the first question in the thread I linked is

Quote:You need Android Lollipop 5.0 as a minimum OS for Kodi Krypton.

So, your box running Kitkat is too old. If you can upgrade your box to Lollipop you can install Krypton.

This info is however subject to my cluelessness regarding Android Wink
As the cortex a9 is an arm processor, neither officially support arm processors apart from the pi and wetek
(2017-06-02, 14:47)hansl Wrote: ok, I honestly have no clue regarding Android but the answer to the first question in the thread I linked is

Quote:You need Android Lollipop 5.0 as a minimum OS for Kodi Krypton.

So, your box running Kitkat is too old. If you can upgrade your box to Lollipop you can install Krypton.

This info is however subject to my cluelessness regarding Android Wink

Thanks for your reply.

The whole reason I am considering LibreELEC is exactly because my Android Kitkat box cannot be upgraded to Lollipop in order to install Krypton 17.3. But whereas LibreELEC can be installed on devices with Amlogic cpus I am trying to find out whether it is possible with an AMD cpu.
ok, I quote again from the thread I linked (second question / answer) Tongue:

Quote:Q. But my Android device is stuck on Android version 4.4.2 what can I do ?
Read This post.
NOTE: There is NO support on these Kodi Android forums for modded forks of Kodi. See the MyGica forums for help.

OR

Install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card if you have an AMLogic S8xx/S905(x) device.
(2017-06-02, 15:04)hansl Wrote: ok, I quote again from the thread I linked (second question / answer) Tongue:

Quote:Q. But my Android device is stuck on Android version 4.4.2 what can I do ?
Read This post.
NOTE: There is NO support on these Kodi Android forums for modded forks of Kodi. See the MyGica forums for help.

OR

Install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton to a microSDHC card if you have an AMLogic S8xx/S905(x) device.

Thanks again but nowhere can I see it says that it is possible to install LibreELEC on a device with the AMD cpu - Amlogic, yes, but AMD?
(2017-06-02, 14:57)promark Wrote: As the cortex a9 is an arm processor, neither officially support arm processors apart from the pi and wetek

I am very sorry but I missed your post earlier on. Thank you for your reply. It looks like the box is redundant.

Also in my post above I meant ARM and not AMD. Not a good day!
(2017-06-02, 19:35)JNRW Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 14:57)promark Wrote: As the cortex a9 is an arm processor, neither officially support arm processors apart from the pi and wetek

I am very sorry but I missed your post earlier on. Thank you for your reply. It looks like the box is redundant.

There are plenty of unofficial build kicking around look in the libreelec and openelec forums also freaktab.com

Although from memory I think your box has a rockchip chipset so may not be as easy to find as amlogic
(2017-06-02, 20:27)promark Wrote:
(2017-06-02, 19:35)JNRW Wrote:

There are plenty of unofficial build kicking around look in the libreelec and openelec forums also freaktab.com

Although from memory I think your box has a rockchip chipset so may not be as easy to find as amlogic

Thanks for replying. You are right, it has a Rockchip chipset, which gave me good service back in the day but things have moved on. It's a pity though because it would be nice to resurrect the box.
Libreelec works on a lot of amlogic arm boxes https://forum.libreelec.tv/board/38-amlogic/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-02, 22:28)nickr Wrote: Libreelec works on a lot of amlogic arm boxes https://forum.libreelec.tv/board/38-amlogic/

Thanks for your reply.

Can you definitively tell me that it is or is not possible to put any form of LibreELEC specifically on a CS 918 box, which has a Rockchip RK 3188 chipset?
There is no official support for this device, AFAIK no community support for your particular chipset either

Sent from my HTC One M9
(2017-06-02, 23:46)invisable Wrote: There is no official support for this device, AFAIK no community support for your particular chipset either

Sent from my HTC One M9 (typie typie)

Your unequivocal reply is most useful. Thanks for taking the time to answer (again!).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Question About LibreELEC0