Intel HD 4000 and DXVA decoding
I am unable to get hardware decoding to work with an i5 3570k processor. I normally just play video files from an SMB shared NAS box through windows with MPC-HC. I like the interface and capabilities of Kodi, but have been unable to get it to work properly. I will first outline the issue I face, my previous steps to try and resolve the issue, my hardware and software specifications and finally a debug file.

1: The issue I have is whenever I have hardware decoding enabled in the system settings of Kodi, the video stutters like crazy and plays a couple frames every second or so. ~ 1-2 FPS. With software decoding videos play smoothly, but uses a large amount of processing power. I have a second machine (prebuilt Lenovo) with a 3570k installed which is able to decode just fine. Additionally the type of file, or location do not seem to matter. I have mostly been testing with Bluray remux files, and get the same results via SMB share or on the local hard drive. The majority of the testing I have done has been with a local file, connected to a Vizio 1080P TV. I have done the debugging from my work, which is running off of a smaller HP monitor but the results are the same.

2. I first started by updating all the drivers and bios of the machine and trying different audio and video output devices. I then completed a clean install, from scratch of Kodi. My next step was to do a full clean install of windows. I then started trying different pieces of hardware in desperation; New HDD with fresh windows and new intel gigabit NIC. And that is where I stopped. I should also note that all of these video files play perfectly with hardware decoding (in VLC and MPC-HC and even the windows 10 "Movies and TV" app.)

3 System Specs:

i5-3570k
Intel DH67GD motherboard
8 GB pc3-12800 RAM
96GB Kingston SSD NOW 100 V+ SSD
Antec 500W Earthwatts.

Windows 10 Professional - Version 1703
Kodi Nightly - 20170524
Intel HD graphics 4000 driver version: 10.18.10.4358
Audio - HDMI or SPDIF (changing audio options does not have any effect)

Debug address: http://paste.ubuntu.com/24750754/

Media Info: https://pastebin.com/eUtHUDcN

Please let me know if there is any other information you would need.

Thanks you!

-Nosirrahdrof

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel HD 4000 and DXVA decoding0