v17 Media library not complete
Kodi 17.3 on Windows 10

A have a folder containing both files (.avi, .mkv), DVD folders and .iso files.

After scanning and refreshing many titles don't show up in my series list.
When checking the contents of the library from Windows the correct extrafanart is in all folders so I guess I can conclude the scanning process really 'understood' what was is those folders.
At least it was in the past.

So as a test I deleted all extrafanart and ehthumbs files. Restarted Kodi, removed the source and added it again.
This time no fanart and ehthumbs are generated.
WHY?

The folders that are not shown are the folders only containing .iso and DVD folders.
It's still not clear to me if Kodi supports them or not. Some say it doesn't and other say it works flawless.
Do I need extra plugins?
The scraper for fanart is not using the same Kodi meta-data scraper, and is most likely responsible for the differences. Although when it comes to DVD's and .ISO, it could be your folders have not been set-up in a manner that Kodi appreciates the content, follow the links below to align your structure for Kodi to scrape properly.

Some reading material

section 3.2.2 Video player of Features and supported formats (wiki) and this forum https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=37692 and subsequent links indicated in posts.
Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) and Naming video files/Movies (wiki)
No luck so far.

The full path is on the HDD is: D:\!HTPC\Series\American Gothic\1.1
Kodi uses Series as it resource folder so the Kodi path is: Series\American Gothic\1.1

In the 1.1 folder was a VIDEO_TS folder with content.
According to instruction (as I understand them) given on the page you linked I moved the contents to the 1.1 folder and removing the VIDEO_TS folder.

Relinking, refreshing, rescanning, nothing seems to help.
When using the file browser and starting VIDEO_TS.IFO the DVD plays correctly, so it's not a matter of a corrupt or unknown type.

What obvious thing am I overlooking Sad
Which American Gothic are you referring to...
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=309053&lid=7
or
http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=76594&lid=7

If you are preserving the DVD structure with .IFO files, then you can't chop out directories. It should look something like this...
Code:
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Almost Human S01E01\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I'm referring to the one in your first link.
I tried with and without the VIDEO_TS folder. Makes no difference.

It's still not working correctly but I sure made big progress following your advise!
Until now my DVD's weren't showing up at all. Now they show up 'incomplete'.

I think the problem is this:
Using your method Kodi correctly displays the title of the episode. The DVD can be played without the slightest issue.
But the DVD contains several episode; and only one is shown in the list.
When I run that episode, it's not the episode which is played but the DVD menu. From that menu I can access all episodes on that DVD. Good.

Three questions:
1] Is Kodi able to display all episodes on a DVD?
2] If yes; is Kodi able to directly jump to that episode?
3] Can I just skip all the scraping and just list the DVD (or files) without all the fancy stuff like fanart, plot etc?

Question 3 might need some additional explanation.
The naming of my DVDs and separate files (mkv, avi, mp4) is not according to Kodi naming standards.
I could rename everything and get fancy artwork and stuff but that's time consuming.
Can Kodi list DVDs/files it doesn't recognize by using the file names.

Say:
\\Htpc-pc\h\TV Shows\Almost Human\Season One\DVD 1.2 Eps 4-6\VIDEO_TS\ ....all files...

Then Kodi show the DVD just by name. No plot, no artwork. Just the DVD I can click and start. (not the .ifo)

A related 'problem' is home made movies:
I filmed some family stuff like parties, kids in the playground etc.
How do I show those DVDs in Kodi without using the file browser and starting the .IFO file?
Quote:I think the problem is this:
Using your method Kodi correctly displays the title of the episode. The DVD can be played without the slightest issue.
But the DVD contains several episode; and only one is shown in the list.
When I run that episode, it's not the episode which is played but the DVD menu. From that menu I can access all episodes on that DVD. Good.

Ok, you have ripped the entire disk as one, or even as an iso file. It would be better if you rip each episode individually. Most of the ripping software has that option. Tell us which one you are using and members here can advise you the best way to do it.

To have all the episodes show up, even though they are in the one video file, you need to name it correctly. Using episodes 1-4 of Orphan Black as an example, you would name as follows...
Orphan Black S01E01-02-03-04.mkv See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...ti-episode

Quote:Three questions:
1] Is Kodi able to display all episodes on a DVD?
2] If yes; is Kodi able to directly jump to that episode?
3] Can I just skip all the scraping and just list the DVD (or files) without all the fancy stuff like fanart, plot etc?

1. Yes, as described above
2. You need to set up Episode Bookmarks. I have never used before, but my understanding is this would allow you to select each episode. See here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Episode_bookmark#E..._bookmarks
3. Yes. You will need to navigate to Videos>TV Shows. It will just act like a File Manager and will display whatever is in your source

Quote:I filmed some family stuff like parties, kids in the playground etc.
How do I show those DVDs in Kodi without using the file browser and starting the .IFO file?
For home movies, you will need to create your own nfo files. Ensure these are saved in a different directory to all your other movies. I use the following program. There are others available... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=142723

Once you create the nfo files, add the Home Movies directory as a source in Kodi, set it as Local Information and scrape.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
1. Works great!
2. To much work but I'm happy with option 1
3. :-) That way I can find any title. But for DVDs I have to start the .ifo to get it playing. Is there a way to start the DVD by clicking the folder level just above VIDEO_TS?
Use makemkv to rip your dvd to individual files, name them properly, scrape, job done.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media library not complete0