How to use and get started with KODI.
Hi.I am new to KODI. What do you need to get started.How do you transfer to your TV. Thanks.
Welcome.

A good place to start is here: http://kodi.wiki/view/quick_start_guide

The first thing you need, though, is something to run it on, and that may not be your TV. Kodi does not typically run on televisions, as they're not powerful enough - the exception is TVs that run Android, however. Most folks run Kodi on a dedicated PC that's then connected to the television through HDMI.

The second thing you'll need is media. This could be a library of DVD/BR rips, or CD MP3/FLAC files, or other digital content you own. Various addons will allow you to then stream e.g. YouTube videos or live TV signals from a suitable tuner/software combination, but note our position on free content (wiki).
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Thanks for your info.I forgot to tell you that a friend told me that I would need a special box near my TV for showing videos on my TV--being transfered
from my PC to the box.I am not sure if I am explaining this right.Please tell me if this isn't true.Thanks.
The "special box" would be a computer of some kind. A Raspberry Pi or Android box will do, so they don't have to be expensive; *if* you have an Android-based TV then you can probably load Kodi directly, but that's your only practical way otherwise (unless you want to hook a laptop up to the television).

Be aware that many Android boxes (particularly) come "loaded" with piracy addons and custom builds of Kodi. We don't condone those, and won't support them at all here: if you choose to use one of those, it's at your own risk.
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Look into a minix u9. Powerful box. Runs kodi from app store. Connects to tv with hdmi cable
You shld be able to get the u9 for less than €175

Sent from my iPhone
Just to add, the transfer to your tv is via an hdmi cable, just like your dvd player, cable box etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for sharing the guide, although it is time now have been using Kodi. Still would help referring in the future.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to use and get started with KODI.0