Problem with this add-on
Hello all,
I'm having a hard time using this add-on. Actually it's not working at all.
I have a SD Hd Homerun Connect.

I've installed NextPVR on my main Windows 7 PC, which is my backend.
I'm trying to install the add-on on my ChromeBOX running the latest LibreELEC.
When I install NextPVR, the screen turns black with only a mouse cursor on it and then it starts rebooting over and over again. Each time I see a pop up saying an error occured (or something like that). After rebooting like 6-7 times I'm finally able to control it. If I try to go to Live TV, I have a pop up in the top right corner with a spinning circle at 0% and it stays at 0%.

I am able to watch live TV using the HD Homerun add-on without any issues but I really want to be able to record shows.

Here's a debug log:
https://pastebin.com/Teds06nC

Not sure if that helps as like I said it keeps rebooting in a loop for many times.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Ignoring the Kodi side of things for now, is NextPVR itself working fine? ie, you can watch live tv there?
Hey sub3,
Actually, trying NextPVR on the backend, I just realized that I have no sound. I do have picture though.
Right now I'm using a crappy indoor antenna but I'm installing an outdoor antenna on Thursday.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with that since I have a clear image, just no sound.
The log you provided shows the addon is clearly set up wrong because the IP you have in LibreElec cannot be 127.0.0.1 you need the IP of the server backend.

If that fails, the proper test after testing NextPVR and before testing Kodi is to make sure that you can connect to the NextPVR web server on the LAN IP in a browser http://ip:8866

Martin
Martin, I installed the frontend in Kodi again, I still get the pop up that an unknown error has occured. It still installs it though.
I changed the IP to my backend one in Kodi. I still have the same issue that when I try to watch Live TV I get a spinning circle that stays at 0%.

I can connect to NextPVR using http://ip:8866 on my backend.
(2017-06-06, 18:29)emveepee Wrote: The log you provided shows the addon is clearly set up wrong because the IP you have in LibreElec cannot be 127.0.0.1 you need the IP of the server backend.

If that fails, the proper test after testing NextPVR and before testing Kodi is to make sure that you can connect to the NextPVR web server on the LAN IP in a browser http://ip:8866

Martin

I know I'm stupid, but how do I find what my Windows PC network IP address is? I have same setup with my Homerun and can't get NextPVR to access so I can record Sad
Code:
ipconfig /all
in a cmd window.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Ok, I just realized that with the software NextPVR on my backend I have no audio but using http://ip:8866 (same computer) I do have audio, wtf?
(2017-06-08, 10:39)ArieS Wrote: Ok, I just realized that with the software NextPVR on my backend I have no audio but using http://ip:8866 (same computer) I do have audio, wtf?
For audio missing during playback with NextPVR, it'll just come down to the audio decoders you have selected on the Settings->Decoders screen.
(2017-06-08, 02:27)nickr Wrote:
Code:
ipconfig /all
in a cmd window.

Do I use IPv4 address (preferred) or default gateway address?
You need to use the IPv4 address of the machine that has NextPVR installed on it. ie run "ipconfig /all" on the NextPVR machine, and use it's IPv4 address.
Success!
I had to install LAV audio codec then I got sound on the backend and sure enough, no more endless rebooting in Kodi and I'm able to watch live TV.
Thanks guys for guiding me in the right direction. Much appreciated!

Now I need to figure out the recording part and the damn EPG. After some reading it looks like I have to pay for a damn guide?
Really? Free TV but paying guide eh?, that makes sense... not.
(2017-06-10, 11:15)ArieS Wrote: Now I need to figure out the recording part and the damn EPG. After some reading it looks like I have to pay for a damn guide?
Really? Free TV but paying guide eh?, that makes sense... not.
It depends which country you're in. Most countries broadcast a week or so of free listings.

If you're in North America, there is no decent EPG broadcast there, so most people get a Schedules Direct account for listings (which is cheap and gives great listings and artwork). Channels in that part of the world are only required to transmit a few hours of TV listings with over the air channels, which is next to useless. On digital cable they're not required to transmit any EPG, so they usually don't. Some users get free listings using zap2xml, but going by past experience (it breaking a few times a year), I'd rather save myself the hassle and just get a schedules direct account.
I'm in NA.
Me not wanting to pay for the EPG is because I'm only getting OTA TV for the NFL season.
So that means, only 3 channels: CBS, NBC and FOX (EPG only needed for CBS and FOX).
Only September to December and only on Sunday.
The rest of the time I do not watch TV/Live TV.

So I think I will give zap2xml a try and hopefully it doesn't 'break' when it's Football season Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with this add-on0