Kodi playback freezes when switching desktops
I have this problem since several months.
Whenever I play a movie full screen on kodi, and then switch away to another desktop for a moment, when I come back to the desktop with Kodi, the video is freeze-framed on the moment I switched away, but the audio keeps playing. To recover, I just tap arrow left, so the movie backs by 5-10seconds and playback is restored.

Alternatively, I can keep waiting on the freeze frame listening to the movie and eventually the video will unfreeze and start playing where the audio got by then. But it can take up to a minute and sometimes even longer. Obviously, I want it to start playing as soon as I change back to the screen.

My GPU is Intel and I have latest drivers installed. I am on Arch with xorg and compton composer.
Try without compton - we don't support compositors, in fact we try to detect them and disable them on start.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
It's the same thing without compton and on Gnome 3.
Gnome3 uses another compositor we don't cope with - try with openbox.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi playback freezes when switching desktops0