TMDB scraper failures for previously working movies
FWIW, I've been having the same issue for a few day on all three of my nVidia Shields. Tried updating the plugins (TVDB, TMDB) but no luck; it still won't recognize anything (new or old). I tried downloading the .zip file (mentioned above) and installing it through SPMC (which I have been using for as long as I've had my devices). No luck. Even after soft and hard rebooting.

So I installed Kodi 17 from the Google store on the Shield. It was a bit of an irritation to have to set everything up again and tell it to ignore certain folders, but so far it seems to work. I re-scanned my NAS and it detected all my old stuff and the new stuff. TMDB seems to be working fine on Jarvis.

Rolleyes I don't really know what this means
(2017-06-08, 09:25)deaded Wrote: FWIW, I've been having the same issue for a few day on all three of my nVidia Shields. Tried updating the plugins (TVDB, TMDB) but no luck; it still won't recognize anything (new or old). I tried downloading the .zip file (mentioned above) and installing it through SPMC (which I have been using for as long as I've had my devices). No luck. Even after soft and hard rebooting.

So I installed Kodi 17 from the Google store on the Shield. It was a bit of an irritation to have to set everything up again and tell it to ignore certain folders, but so far it seems to work. I re-scanned my NAS and it detected all my old stuff and the new stuff. TMDB seems to be working fine on Jarvis.

Rolleyes I don't really know what this means

It appears that for some time the code in SPMC has been written to keep those two addons from updating. Why, I'm not sure. Even a manual update using the zip file fails. The update is marked as 3.9.4 but never updates past 3.9.0 from what I can tell. An issue has been posted for it. For now I guess I'll just have to manually create nfo files pointing to the IMDB URLs for any new movies I put on my NAS.

SPMC issue is located at https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/920
Using Kodi 16.1 on Windows, and updated to the 3.9.4 TMDB scraper. I'm not getting any actors, writers, or directors when scraping new movies. I've tried downgrading to 3.9.3 and reinstalling the update, both from the repository and from the zip file, but still the same problem. Any thoughts? Thank you.
KiddKilroy,

Strange. You have been the fifth person to state the same thing today. Makes me wonder if something has happened at TMDB again.

Could you do the following...
1. Copy and Paste the name of a couple of the movies that are not scraping Actors. I am assuming the other info is ok (plot, year, etc)
2. Provide a debug log. Instructions in my signature. Use the Basic method. Make sure the debug log captures your scrape. So remove one of those movies from the library and re-scrape.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
A weird quirk.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Fixed in tmdb common scraper library v2.15.0
Karellen, thanks for the quick reply. The movies I've been attempting to scrape are:

Ghost in the Shell (1995)
Lipstick (1976)
Top Gun (1986)

All are DVD rips with VIDEO_TS folder structure, which each movie in its own folder. As far as I can tell, the scraper is successfully pulling all other details (titles, genres, ratings, etc.) - but actors, writers, and directors are all blank.

I uploaded a log file - find it at *****. I removed Top Gun from the library before turning on the log, and rescanned it, so the log should have the details. I hope this info helps.
Hello KiddKilroy,

Looks like the issue has been found, as a number of other members were having problems and we were also able to replicate the problem.

Olympia, the author of the scraper, has resolved the issue. She has left a post just above yours. It is now a matter of having the update pushed out to all the servers around the planet. If you can just hold on a while, the update will fix it. The last fix took upto 24hrs for some people while others had it in an hour or so.
My Signature
Karellen and Olympia, thank you very much for your help! It's great to see such robust support for the Kodi platform. I'll wait for the update to surface, and rescan these movies.

Thanks again!
(2017-06-07, 18:05)olympia Wrote: but then it doesn't work with tmdb scraper either... I will need to have a look.

Probably none of you guys are realizing how substantial API change has been handled in no time on the fly what could have a huge impact on user experience for the entire userbase, while most of the users haven't even realized there was a problem...

edit: ...and the island 2005 works for me, so please do me a favor and post a debug log (and check if you are really using v2.8.3)

Thank you, weird. I am using 2.8.3 on 3 machines the Island is not working. Naming is "The Island" without year. Maybe thats an issue, but it was the only movie that didn´t work so I´d say it could have been a fluke.
Let´s call it fixed.
You are using an old version. Get yourself updated
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
The newest version "refuse" to install here.

It says downloading, then shows updated...Version number is same old, and doesen't work which means it isn't updated.
I disabled it where it was used, but still can't be disabled or uninstalled.
Auto update don't work only on this plugin.

I use newest SPMC on NVIDIA Shield TV which works perfect.
Everything else works. Just not TMDB plugin.
(2017-06-17, 22:46)Ventilator Wrote: The newest version "refuse" to install here.

It says downloading, then shows updated...Version number is same old, and doesen't work which means it isn't updated.
I disabled it where it was used, but still can't be disabled or uninstalled.
Auto update don't work only on this plugin.

I use newest SPMC on NVIDIA Shield TV which works perfect.
Everything else works. Just not TMDB plugin.

Same problem. Switched to Universal, and so far I'm getting at least some of my information. Not all of it so far, though. I think we're going to need to bug Koying about this.

Actually, looking at the Github, it's already known, Koying just hasn't pushed an update with a fix yet. Use Universal for now.
If the addon is refusing to install/update, we clearly need a debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I am continuing to have the same issue. New movies added to the scraper not working. I can find them under 'files' and have to manually scrape separately. I did update libreelec but that only worked for the first scrape and then failed me. Having NFO tags doesn't seem to completely solve the problem but it won't be until Friday I can look into it more closely.

This small problem makes a big impact. These movies don't show in movies list, You must rescrape from the 'files' list. They then do not move over to the 'just added' list.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB scraper failures for previously working movies0