Recorded TV folder not found
Thanks.  On the folders tab of serverwmc you should enter the UNC (file explorer) path to the recorded tv folder.  From that, serverwmc will form the smb path and include the network login (if specified to do so in the folders tab).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2020-02-13, 17:39)krustyreturns Wrote: Thanks.  On the folders tab of serverwmc you should enter the UNC (file explorer) path to the recorded tv folder.  From that, serverwmc will form the smb path and include the network login (if specified to do so in the folders tab).

I've replaced the Server name with an IP address.

smb://user:****@machineName/Recorded TV/ShowsFileName.wtv   <-----What the log had from previous attempts.

smb://user:****@192.168.xx.xx/Recorded TV/ShowsFileName.wtv   <-----Fixed it up now with this.

From the remote PC it's still not working though, and I think I know why. Since I'm over a remote connection, on the remote side I have a second NIC card setup to handle SMB for the tunneling operation. Since the remote side's actual subnet is 10.250.xx.xx, I have to use another NIC to accommodate the differing subnets. 

\\serverMCE/Recorded TV  <-----Second NIC uses this (remote side.)
\\192.168.1.8\Recorded TV <---Host File translates it to this. (remote side.)

However the xx.xx aren't the same number on the home network which is being passed as evidence from serverWMC log.

smb://user****@192.168.1.9/Recorded TV <---home address on the actual server is not the same.

Also since I'm tunneling through a linux machine, the server thinks it's dealing with a linux based Kodi. Will windows accept, "smb://user****/192.168.xx.xx/Recorded TV" if passed this as a path. I'm using Windows 10 Kodi on the remote end. Could the problem actually be credentials?

Is it possible for me to hard code the correct path somewhere in a config.xml file? Possibly? Similar to what Kodi does on in it's Video section.

For the SMB tunnel to work I think I must have a different address on the NIC, but I still need to test that idea further. I think if I make the address of the second NIC (remote side) the same as the home server it will probably break the SMB tunnel.

What I find interesting is that with file explorer it will accept, "\\192.168.xx.xx\Recorded TV"  on the remote side and works. Credentials are being handled through windows. Also if I use the the Video section in Kodi, and make the path smb://192.168.xx.xx/Recorded TV, it will also connect and be able to play files. Credentials are being handled through Kodi in this instance using its GUI interface.

Can Windows Kodi accept, "smb://user****/192.168.xx.xx/Recorded TV"?
There is not a way currently to hard code a path in serverwmc.  If you suspect its the credentials in the path that is the problem have you tried just turning credentials off?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I was getting the same issue on a Firestick. In serverWMC the server name was in all caps. This didn't seem to be a problem with other Windows machines, but maybe Android is case sensitive so I changed it to lower case, which is how it is in the addon.

Also, I use a different folder for Recorded TV (f:\Recorded TV) instead of the default libraries.  On the folders tab that's where it's pointing to, but on the "Watched 'Recorded TV' folders" it was still pointing to "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV" so I went to the user folder and made that folder shareable on the network.

Not sure which of these actually fixed it because I did them at the same time, but at least one or both of them did the trick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recorded TV folder not found0