• 1(current)
It begins for tvaddons
https://torrentfreak.com/dish-network-su...nt-170605/
finally Big Grin
This post just made my day!
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Wow. Just wow.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm gonna put this in the category of "we'll see." They've avoided repercussions for so long, I'm having a hard time believing this will stick this time.
(2017-06-05, 23:31)natethomas Wrote: I'm gonna put this in the category of "we'll see." They've avoided repercussions for so long, I'm having a hard time believing this will stick this time.

killjoy Tongue
(2017-06-05, 23:31)natethomas Wrote: I'm gonna put this in the category of "we'll see." They've avoided repercussions for so long, I'm having a hard time believing this will stick this time.

I gotta agree with this....the article talks much more about zem than it does tvaddons....felt a little weird to me. Then again, I don't consider torrentfreak to be my go to on real articles.
(2017-06-05, 23:39)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

I gotta agree with this....the article talks much more about zem than it does tvaddons....felt a little weird to me. Then again, I don't consider torrentfreak to be my go to on real articles.

Eh, Any lawsuit brought on by a large company like Dish network is going to cost a pretty penny in legal fees...
(2017-06-05, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:

Eh, Any lawsuit brought on by a large company like Dish network is going to cost a pretty penny in legal fees...
Only if it's defended.
(2017-06-06, 00:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 23:50)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 23:39)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I gotta agree with this....the article talks much more about zem than it does tvaddons....felt a little weird to me. Then again, I don't consider torrentfreak to be my go to on real articles.

Only if it's defended.

LOL, So many killjoys... bumming me out Confused
These 'communities' do have a habit of re-emerging. Just cos their domain has been seized, doesn't mean they don't have a user list, facebook, twitter etc.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

It doesn't matter what the article states, it does matter what the Complaint states. And the Complaint names TVAddons there entities as well as them individually, it also enjoins all the defendants.

Not only that, but it goes after all the defendants for "$150,000 per registered work infringed" or their profits.

I'm with Nate that this is just a filed Complaint and it's still a "we'll see" type of deal. It's to early to say where this will end up.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-06-06, 04:25)nickr Wrote: These 'communities' do have a habit of re-emerging. Just cos their domain has been seized, doesn't mean they don't have a user list, facebook, twitter etc.

I very much doubt anything will happen to the tvaddons domain as it's hosted in Antigua which has no love of US laws see https://www.techdirt.com/articles/201612...aybe.shtml
I'm not an expert in US legal system other than occasional "law" movies/TV shows and John Grisham novels, but how can they even sue tvaddons? Because I highly doubt that the latter are registered as a legal entity in USA or other jurisdictions to be served with a due procedure.
(2017-06-06, 16:17)Roman_V_M Wrote: I'm not an expert in US legal system other than occasional "law" movies/TV shows and John Grisham novels, but how can they even sue tvaddons? Because I highly doubt that the latter are registered as a legal entity in USA or other jurisdictions to be served with a due procedure.
Quite. Reading the complaint:
Quote:DISH believes that discovery will identify Developer and enable DISH to amend the complaint to list Developer by name.
DISH believes that discovery will identify Website Operatorsand enable DISH to amend the complaint to list them by name.
Or in other words...
'Please tell us who you are so we can sue you.'
As a case this has to fail.
On the other hand from a read of reddit it looks like addon developers can't quit fast enough.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It begins for tvaddons0