NewsON Addon?
Hey All, I have been doing some research and it seems there is a website called "NewsON" and the website is "watchnewson.com" that has most of the channels that I would like to watch. If it would be any easier to create an addon based on this website that would include all of them, I just thought that I would give that option. Not sure which would be the easiest or the best way to view the content. Thanks for any and everyones help.
(2017-06-06, 03:43)Bdguth07 Wrote: Hey All, I have been doing some research and it seems there is a website called "NewsON" and the website is "watchnewson.com" that has most of the channels that I would like to watch. If it would be any easier to create an addon based on this website that would include all of them, I just thought that I would give that option. Not sure which would be the easiest or the best way to view the content. Thanks for any and everyones help.

I will try to help you out some... maybe.

* For Kodi Developers: The site has API. and that makes it very easy to make an addon for kodi.
...just get the right api url.... and all the info is there for the grabbing. Playable m3u8 url is included.
...something like watchnewson.com/api/linear/channels or such and what have ya.... i dunno.
.. url may not be right on.... it was just a quick look at it... seems easy enough tho.

I'd make it for ya.. but i really hate the news so badly.. i Never watch it! ...for there's never any good news.
- and the more horrible the stuff it is.. the more they show it. for their Ratings.
- cause their making money off of the horrible stuff they show. and I won't be apart of it...
- yeh... ads on news channels are money for them indeed...
- and the more horrible it is.. the more they show it...

It seems newson is already available for roku, apple/ios and android.

feel free for anyone else to take it on.. for a kodi addon.. ima pass.....
(2017-06-06, 05:24)100Max Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 03:43)Bdguth07 Wrote: Hey All, I have been doing some research and it seems there is a website called "NewsON" and the website is "watchnewson.com" that has most of the channels that I would like to watch. If it would be any easier to create an addon based on this website that would include all of them, I just thought that I would give that option. Not sure which would be the easiest or the best way to view the content. Thanks for any and everyones help.

I will try to help you out some... maybe.

* For Kodi Developers: The site has API. and that makes it very easy to make an addon for kodi.
...just get the right api url.... and all the info is there for the grabbing. Playable m3u8 url is included.
...something like watchnewson.com/api/linear/channels or such and what have ya.... i dunno.
.. url may not be right on.... it was just a quick look at it... seems easy enough tho.

I'd make it for ya.. but i really hate the news so badly.. i Never watch it! ...for there's never any good news.
- and the more horrible the stuff it is.. the more they show it. for their Ratings.
- cause their making money off of the horrible stuff they show. and I won't be apart of it...
- yeh... ads on news channels are money for them indeed...
- and the more horrible it is.. the more they show it...

It seems newson is already available for roku, apple/ios and android.

feel free for anyone else to take it on.. for a kodi addon.. ima pass.....

Thanks for your quick response! I understand what you're saying about the news as a whole. And yeah the NewsON app Is on roku and android and iOS but the device I have is a Mi Box and the newson app isn't compatible. I've tried installing the APKs of different news channel apps and this newson app only for none of them to come up and when they do, the remote doesn't control anything on the screen. That's why I was requesting a Kodi addon Smile . If it makes it any easier for a developer to want to take this task on, I am only interested in the news from North Carolina. Not sure if that makes it any easier to develop. Thanks!
If nobody is working on this, I'll look into making a plugin from this source.

API is easy peasy, should have plugin up tonight or tomorrow.
https://github.com/Lunatixz/XBMC_Addons/...deo.newson
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I was gonna point you here @Lunatixz, but didn't know if you were too busy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-06-06, 23:12)nickr Wrote: I was gonna point you here @Lunatixz, but didn't know if you were too busy.

Thanks, api like this is really easy... plugin will be ready within the next hr. I already added all the live content... now i'm hunting down a endpoint for their video clips Smile
Seems like some of the feeds are active and others not... Maybe region locked? I'll need time to investigate and locate a flag that indicates live (active) or not.

For now a working basic plugin to play around with is available in my repo. Wifes going to kill me if I don't start dinner!! I'll finish the plugin tonight =)
Beta repo updated to NewsOn v.0.0.2 please beta test, if all is well I'll push to Kodis repo.
Request filled : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...id=2599022

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NewsON Addon?0