OS X No change after deleting addons27.db file
Hey,

I have been having issues on opening Kodi - it crashes straight away, won't open.

I went through and deleted the addons27.db file (which wasn't empty ~1.2MB) and then rebooted my computer and attempted to re-open Kodi.

However found no change in the issue, still won't open / crashes straight away.

Is there any way I can fix this if its not the addons27 file that has been the main issue for people?

Any help would be appreciated
Post the crash report and the debug log (wiki) via pastebin.com
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz

How do I do that?

From the links that you posted you need to go into Kodi to get the crash log however Kodi won't open at all for me
Click on the "debug log" link and select Advanced Method

Using this method does not require Kodi to be operational. But do remember to try starting Kodi once you have enabled debugging, so it can capture and record the crash.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I figured out how to get the debug log, just not sure how to post it on this forum?

I did get it on pastebin.com, but not sure where to go from there
Ok no problems. As you have already found the log, just commence at step 3...

6. Upload the results
The log file is named kodi.log and it is located in the Kodi directory described in Step 2 above. It is one level above the \userdata directory in which you modified the advancedsettings.xml file
You must locate this log file and copy it's contents to a pastebin type site as follows:
  1. Navigate to the \kodi directory as described in Step 2, and locate the file named kodi.log
  2. Open the file with Notepad and copy all the contents of the document
  3. Locate a Pastebin type site. Two examples are https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/
  4. Paste the contents of the kodi.log file
  5. Press Paste or Generate
  6. When the screen refreshes with your paste, copy the entire address in the address bar and paste it into a new message in your thread
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No change after deleting addons27.db file0