• 1(current)
v19 NewsON - Regional Live Streams and News Clips

NewsON provides instant access to live or on-demand broadcasts from over 170 local stations in 113 U.S. markets. Access previous newscasts for up to 48 hours after they air, and share interesting stories with the integrated social media share function directly from the app. Search for a local station with the interactive map or watch the station closest to you on Kodi. Save favorite stations, and stay updated with breaking news alerts sent directly to mobile devices from the local source of the news. Stay connected anytime, anywhere without a cable subscription or login. *U.S Only.

Available from my beta repo and the Official Kodi repository.

Related Request Thread : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=315835
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Should this be in the official repo yet? Not seeing it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your work on this.

But, is this USA only? Going to http://watchnewson.com/ gives me the following error:

"The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. "

Switching to a USA VPN gives me a working page, but I can't see a list of live channels anywhere. Searching for well known news stations doesnt seem to find anything.

Maybe I was misled by the "113 markets". I guess maybe it's only US local stations?

Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2017-06-07, 19:12)jmh2002 Wrote: Thanks for your work on this.

But, is this USA only? Going to http://watchnewson.com/ gives me the following error:

"The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. "

Switching to a USA VPN gives me a working page, but I can't see a list of live channels anywhere. Searching for well known news stations doesnt seem to find anything.

Maybe I was misled by the "113 markets". I guess maybe it's only US local stations?

Smile

Yes only US, I'll add that to the description.
(2017-06-07, 09:27)nickr Wrote: Should this be in the official repo yet? Not seeing it.

Request was sent, waiting for someone to review it...
NewsON does not even open for me. I get an error message. Log section follows....

Code:
14:37:09.342 T:1497363360   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 295265 (char 295264)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 254, in <module>
                                                if mode==None:  NewsOn().mainMenu()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 88, in __init__
                                                self.stateMenu = self.getStates()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 123, in getStates
                                                data = self.openURL(BASE_API)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 98, in openURL
                                                self.cache.set(ADDON_NAME + 'openURL, url = %s'%url, json.loads(page.read()), expiration=datetime.timedelta(hours=1))
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                            ValueError: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 295265 (char 295264)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:37:09.428 T:1962188800   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.newson/
14:37:09.429 T:1962188800   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.newson/) failed

I'm running LibreELEC Krypton 8.0.2 on a Pi 3.

Hope this helps.

Bob
(2017-06-07, 21:02)Trespasser Wrote: NewsON does not even open for me. I get an error message. Log section follows....

Code:
14:37:09.342 T:1497363360   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 295265 (char 295264)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 254, in <module>
                                                if mode==None:  NewsOn().mainMenu()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 88, in __init__
                                                self.stateMenu = self.getStates()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 123, in getStates
                                                data = self.openURL(BASE_API)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.newson/default.py", line 98, in openURL
                                                self.cache.set(ADDON_NAME + 'openURL, url = %s'%url, json.loads(page.read()), expiration=datetime.timedelta(hours=1))
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                            ValueError: Unterminated string starting at: line 1 column 295265 (char 295264)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
14:37:09.428 T:1962188800   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.newson/
14:37:09.429 T:1962188800   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.newson/) failed

I'm running LibreELEC Krypton 8.0.2 on a Pi 3.

Hope this helps.

Bob

I'll look into it, looks like a encoding issue... I'll push a fix tonight.
Thanks for looking into this, Lunatixz. Smile.

NewsOn actually has a local station near where I live.

Looking forward to an update.

Bob
(2017-06-07, 20:40)Lunatixz Wrote: Yes only US, I'll add that to the description.

Ok pity, but thanks anyway, i'm sure a lot of people will enjoy this addon.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
I downloaded your repo but don't see NEWSON in your video addons?
Thank you for creating this addon. I actually have 3 surrounding local markets of news available and they are all working.
thanks so much for your hard work on this addon! I, too, am having issues getting it to open up for me. whenever I get it installed and click it tells me to check the log for more info. Thanks so much and can't wait to see it working!
(2017-06-07, 23:19)Bdguth07 Wrote: thanks so much for your hard work on this addon! I, too, am having issues getting it to open up for me. whenever I get it installed and click it tells me to check the log for more info. Thanks so much and can't wait to see it working!
Was working last night for whatever reason something changed on their end. Should be fixed soon.

Sent from my SM-G935T
(2017-06-07, 23:19)Bdguth07 Wrote: thanks so much for your hard work on this addon! I, too, am having issues getting it to open up for me. whenever I get it installed and click it tells me to check the log for more info. Thanks so much and can't wait to see it working!

I also had that a couple of times after my original install and previously tested working fine;

But if you continue to try to open the add-on, It will open after a few times of trying, and it also seems to stop the "check log for errors" message you are seeing.
updated to v1.0.1
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NewsON - Regional Live Streams and News Clips2