Solved Kodi not ignoring brackets when scanning files
I rebooted and now it's working with the folder renamed. I would have preferred to keep my original naming convention though.
Odroid C2 - Libreelec 8.2
That's still possible but you'll have to deal with extra expressions to support your naming convention. I'd stick to clean movie folder names.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
What's happening is cleandatetime is picking up the "1912" from the "[1912x816]" dimensions as the year, dropping everything to the right of it (like you said), and then cleanstrings is tidying up the remainder as best it can (but still leaving the actual year as part of the title).

Here is a cleandatetime to add to your advancedsettings.xml that should avoid this:
Code:
<video>
  <cleandatetime>(.*[^ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-])[ _\.\(\)\[\]\-]+(19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-9][0-9])(?!x)([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|[^0-9]$)?</cleandatetime>
</video>
Basically adding a "not-followed-by-an-x" to the match.
(2017-06-07, 16:18)scudlee Wrote: What's happening is cleandatetime is picking up the "1912" from the "[1912x816]" dimensions as the year, dropping everything to the right of it (like you said), and then cleanstrings is tidying up the remainder as best it can (but still leaving the actual year as part of the title).

Here is a cleandatetime to add to your advancedsettings.xml that should avoid this:
Code:
<video>
  <cleandatetime>(.*[^ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-])[ _\.\(\)\[\]\-]+(19[0-9][0-9]|20[0-9][0-9])(?!x)([ _\,\.\(\)\[\]\-]|[^0-9]$)?</cleandatetime>
</video>
Basically adding a "not-followed-by-an-x" to the match.

That worked. Thanks for the help.
Odroid C2 - Libreelec 8.2
As a test, i scanned "the interview (2014) [BD].mkv" with associated local nfo, poster and fanart included. It scanned OK and was shown within the library using Kodi 17.3 with latest scrapes updated today. However no BD flag was shown within CONFLUENCE or deafult ESTUARY.

I also tried with "the interview (2014) [BD].mkv", "the interview [BD] (2014).mkv" and "the interview [BD].mkv" without and without associated nfo and artwork files, again the movie was found but no BD flag was shown. I even tried to placing the movie within a BD diectory below the source directory and again no BD flag was shown.

As a last test, i tried "the interview [BluRay]. mkv" and also placing the movie in a "BluRay" directory within the source directory and FINALLY the BD flag was shown in both instances. However i could not get AAC 5.1 flags to show when trying various combinations of [AAC], [AAC 5.1] and other combinations.

So it seems such "[special text]" within a movie file name is a Kodi feature that allows one to have special flags shown within the skin itself Nod

However, where are these special text words documented so one can use the correct words to get such "metadata of sorts" actually shown within a skin?
Also is there some heirarchy where for example the flags for AAC 5.1 could get overwritten once played if the movie actually uses AAC 2.0 instead?

Finally, as it seems this feature is part of Kodi core, shouldn't it be fixed so that [special text] is always removed from scraper name sent to information provider rather than requiring the user to have some complex advanced settings xml entrie as a workaround to achieve the same Huh
I'm a XBMC novice :)
As an FYI, Media_flags (wiki) indicates what special text can be used to show media source flags within a skin but i doubt it's an exhaustive list of valid text. However there is no mention of how the text should be added to the file name itself, nore "[ ]" being valid delimiters let alone a requirement. It's only within 3D (wiki) where there any mention of "[ ]" wrapping and it's likley iv'e misunderstood the meaning as it's is in relation to regex which most Kodi users like me would have no clue about.

As is, it seems the special text within a file name used to show flags within a skin can, for example, be of the form "title BluRay.mkv", "title.BluRay.mkv, "title [BluRay].mkv as well as similar combinations wrapping the special text in "-" or "_" as alluded to in 3d (wiki). Likely other undocumented characters can also be used as wrapping. It seems the wiki is overdue for an update to better reflect the current status rather than needing to search forum to find out how to name files. Guess some code junkies familiar with Kodi need to search code and determine what actually is allowed and how it works so best info can be update within the wiki - hardly a fun task but useful i'd say.

This still doesn't explain why i can't force AAC 5.1 flags on a dummy mkv file Huh
I'm a XBMC novice :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not ignoring brackets when scanning files0