Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Look for Shows/Movies alphabetically
Hi, I run a Krypton version of Kodi on a windows 7 HTPC using the Aeon Nox skin. Looks wonderful and works great. One issue however, I have around 250 TV Series and over 1000 Movies, These are displayed using the "Shift" view option. I know it is possible to jump through the list of titles one letter at a time, but the way to do so is not easy to understand, and my wife keeps struggling with it.

I have a fully programmable universal remote control, which I can set up with a virtual alphabetical keyboard, which would allow my wife to press "G" to get to Greys Anatomy as an example. However, I have not been able to find a good way of doing this. Has anyone been able to do so? I am thinking that either it should be possible to directly jump to G, but this would require that there is some support in the skin or in an addon perhaps?

Otherwise I could make a macro on the remote control with a defined set of key presses corresponding to each letter of the alphabet. The macro programming on the remote I can do, but the problem I run into is that I have not been able to find a 'fixed' position on the menu system which would give me a known constant starting position for a macro which would move up/down/left/right (or also back/enter). Since pressing up/down circles around, rather than stopping on a given menu line, I cannot get this to work.

I would appreciate any suggestions and commentsBig Grin
Pressing CAPS key + G will take you to the first movie or show starting with G...
I don't know if that's something that you can program in your remote
If I've been of any help...
If you like my work...
If you want to encourage me to keep on improving things...
Just let me know by pressing THANK USER button below ;-) Thanks!
Thanks, I will see if I can get that to work!

Look for Shows/Movies alphabetically00