How to schedule recording
Greetings to all

I need support on how to schedule Kodi to record a live TV Channel being streamed via IPTV, similar to DVD recorders & Set-top box recorders.
Example:
Date: Thursday, 8/6/2017
Start time: 10:45
End time: 12:45
Channel: 45

Is it possible using IPTV Simple Client?
And how?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have installed OpenELEC (official) on a Raspberry Pi 2 B and is working fine.
V 8.0.3
Architecture RPi2.arm
Kodi 17 (Krypton) support

I have paid monies and obtained an URL for a M3U Play list, configured IPTV simple client accordingly, and the Kodi+Raspberry Pi 2B is now streaming live TV from several channels.
I connected the HDMI port of the Raspberry Pi 2B to the HDMI port of my TV.
I can now watch several "live TV channels" on my TV, from the comfort of my chair!

IPTV Simple client installed as an Add On
And configured successfully as follows:
-General
M3U Play List URL

-EPG Settings
XMLTV URL

Thanks in advance for any help.

TR
AFAIK you cant record with simple client
(2017-06-07, 12:14)promark Wrote: AFAIK you cant record with simple client
Correct.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thank you for the response.
May I ask you please any other IPTV client available as Add On that will support a M3U list URL and schedule recording.
Thank you in advance for any help.
There is a fork somewhere of iptv-simple that provides recording. You'll have to google for it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I will probably obtain a video capture device.
I'm using the DVBViewer "Media Server" as a backend and added a "TS Stream Device" into the Hardware (I tried initially with DVB IPTV device but couldnt get the EPG data to import properly using "Xepg" so after Googling it this was the solution)

Using the Channel list editor in DVBViewer you can then import your IPTV "Playlist" m3u File containing your channels.

In Kodi, DVBViewer plugin I turned off the "Timeshift" functionality completely as this caused me problems, and caused Kodi to hang a few times. (Would be interested if someone has found a way to get this to be stable)

I can now record and although not 100% reliable (sometimes the program length is corrupt and skipping doesnt always work) it is definitely a big improvement over the simple IPTV client (in my opinion).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to schedule recording0