v18 2.3.5 moviestacking / exactly four / crazy requirment to be removed
I was just browsing above kodi section as result of discussion elsewhere in this forum. When reading about regexp also in this context, i stumbled into some requirements / documentation that appears so crazy its almost North Korean.
1) apparently, movie stacking should have exactly FOUR regexps. Why on earth can there be only FOUR? We are not running on a 16KB ZX Spectrum anymore
2) given there should be four, why on earth does the example / default list only THREE?

Cmon guys, we cant leave this as crazy as is. North Korea even would do better....

Sent from my iPhone
I don't know why you are disparaging North Korea, there are a lot of super smart people there.

I'm sure people wouldn't mind if you went in and fixed this. Correct the examples, removing the limits, etc
Touche on the smart ppl in korea. Too bad they arent running it. But thats another story.

As for this and fixing it. Thats not my cup of tea. Although have 10000s lines of code under my belt in younger years (oil reservoir modelling, not video streaming). I could not ever envisage telling my geologists sth like "this is how you can model your reservoir. But you must have exactly four wells, each must have exactly have four boreholes and each borehole must have exactly four logs". Doesnt make sense does it. I could theoretically see a max, driven by memory constraints. But that would be back in the 90s. Not now.

Having said that, seems to me you think it is a perfectly logical/normal limitation to impose. I dont believe so but would be really interested in understanding why.
Could you perhaps shed some light on that? Am all ears.

Sent from my iPhone
I don't know if it's logical or not as I have never used the feature.

All I was trying to point out is that the only way things get changed is by someone rolling up their sleeves. Telling people that the current implement is "crazy" and "North Korea could do better" are not ways to endear yourself to the people you are asking for help from.
you don't need to be a video streaming/processing expert to remove the limitation you mentioned Wink
Movie stacking? Hard drives are in terabyte sizes. Why are people still stacking movies in chunks that were designed for CDs?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2.3.5 moviestacking / exactly four / crazy requirment to be removed0