omxplayer issue using nas
Hi All,
my setup is the following:
raspberry pi3 jessie
Linux version 4.1.20-v7+ (root@raspberrypi) (gcc version 4.9.2 (Raspbian 4.9.2-10) ) #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 00:31:29 CEST 2016
Kodi 16.1
lcd 7" and monitor to hdmi port

i use omxplayer like external player;
here is my playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="omxplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
<filename>omxplayer</filename>
<args>--display=5 --adev=both --genlog</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="local-videos" audio="false" video="true"
internetstream="false" filetypes=".*" player="omxplayer" />
<rule name="smb" audio="false" video="true"
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

all works properly if i play video from usb media or sd media but if
i play video from nas e.g smb://QN131/Multimedia/Film/'71.2014.iTALiAN.AC3._.avi
the playing process stops immediately with "ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: 256" notice log

Please, what could be the issue? Thanks in advance
Suricato

Here is the log:

@Karellen - Log Removed
@suricato

We do not allow logs to be posted in the forum. Please remove your log, post at a Pastebin type site and place the link here.

Also, post the entire log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi All,
sorry, log removed.

My setup is the following:
raspberry pi3 jessie
Linux version 4.1.20-v7+ (root@raspberrypi) (gcc version 4.9.2 (Raspbian 4.9.2-10) ) #1 SMP Mon Mar 28 00:31:29 CEST 2016
Kodi 16.1
lcd 7" and monitor to hdmi port

i use omxplayer like external player;
here is my playercorefactory.xml:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="omxplayer" type="ExternalPlayer" video="true">
<filename>omxplayer</filename>
<args>--display=5 --adev=both --genlog</args>
<forceontop>true</forceontop>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<hidecursor>false</hidecursor>
</player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<rule name="local-videos" audio="false" video="true"
<rule name="smb" audio="false" video="true"
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

all works properly if i play video from usb media or sd media but if
i play video from nas e.g smb://QN131/Multimedia/Film/'71.2014.iTALiAN.AC3._.avi
the playing process stops immediately with "ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: 256" notice log

Please, what could be the issue? Thanks in advance
Suricato
What Karellen meant was to not directly post log parts in the forum, but to post the complete log in pastebin and leave the link here, because the full log is always needed to check the problem.
Follow this:
http://kodi.wiki/view/log_file

Anyway, trying tu use omxplayer externally doesn't make sense because it is built in Kodi and it is not even the best choice for the PI 2/3 which is MMAL. So make sure you select MMAL enabled and OMXplayer disabled in video settings, and try again.
Hi Rascas,
i understood about log; i need to display video on hdmi port and video controls in 7" lcd, i'm able to do that with OMXplayer but
i don't know to do the same with MMAL player, i did not find any options regarding that in Kodi environment.

Best regards
Suricato
Hi All,
omxplayer, like external player, works very well but for NAS video, i can play video to hdmi and kodi video control to 7" lcd from others media
(usb, internal memory..); omxplayer is fluid and playback is perfect, then i would like to investigate the "ExecuteAppLinux: Failure: 256" issue that stops video playing
in the NAS case; i don't know this error means, i have not found anything about it.
i tried the playback outside of Kodi from NAS:
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# mount -t cifs //192.168.1.30/Multimedia /mnt/nas -o username=admin,password=qn131
root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# omxplayer --display=5 --adev=both /mnt/nas/Film/Necropolis.La.Citta.Dei.Morti.2014.iTALiAN.BDRip.XviD-TRL.avi
Video codec omx-mpeg4 width 656 height 352 profile 15 fps 23.976025
Audio codec ac3 channels 6 samplerate 48000 bitspersample 16
Subtitle count: 0, state: off, index: 1, delay: 0
VTongueortSettingsChanged: [email protected] interlace:0 deinterlace:0 anaglyph:0 par:1.25 display:5 layer:0 alpha:255 aspectMode:0

and it works.

Then i don't understand, in Kodi, what this change of behavior might be from a playback from NAS and from, for example, USB

Thanks in advance
suricato
It means that it failed to run the command, the external player. You cannot run an external player in Kodi on the Raspberry PI, due to how Kodi works on it.
Hi Rascas,
thank you very much for reply.
Sorry, but would you say that I can not use omxplayer as an external player but should i launch or using it in another way?

Best regards
suricato
While external omxplayer does understand smb:// url which Kodi passes to it it may fail fue to lack of authentication.
One way to override this issue would be to use os mount in Kodi.
Try removing smb: source from kodi.
Mount your nas share via fstab, I suggest using x-systemd-automount.
If you nas supports NFS - use it instead of samba.

Readd source as local fs path (pointing to mountpoint in your local fs hierachy).
This way kodi will pass something like /mnt/nas//Film/blah.mkv to omxplayer which should work.
Hi Asavah,
what you have suggested is very interesting, I will try.
Best regards
suricato
Hi Asavah,
you were right, now it works!
Thank you very much and best regards.
suricato

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
omxplayer issue using nas0