Watched Status w/ mqsql + Watched List add-on not working
Little background, my old Kodi box (Android) was my main media box for a long time running KODI 16. All media files stored on my file server over the network (NFS).

Before switching, I exported the library successfully (images and NFO files).

When I setup my new box, I setup a fresh mysql server so I can manage everything centrally between the two boxes. New box is running LE v8, I've successfully configured it with advancedsettings.xml and sources.xml and that part works fine.

What I was surprised with though is that the box did not import the watched state for any video, which from what I'm reading it should have done from the NFO files. I even checked in the NFO and it clearly states the watched state.

Thinking I might be missing something, I started to search about updating watch states and stumbled upon the official WatchedList add-on. Installed it on the old box first, connected it to mysql, told it to update, success.

Went to the new box, installed the add-on and updated...

To my surprise all the move states worked like a charm! TV shows though was another story.

It seems that it was complaining that the TV shows didn't have an IMDB number or something to that effect for about 90% of my shows... so all of these shows didn't seem to transfer the watched states.

I decided to go one further, I manually updated my lists by selecting/changing the watched state through KODI, yet still after setting up my other box to use the mqsql DB they still won't sync.

At this point I am at a loss, and I can't seem to find any more relevant info when I search, so any help would be appreciated!
Is this not the right place to ask for assistance with this? Can someone let me know if I should post this elsewhere to get somewhere with this? Does someone needs specific logs, etc?

I'd really like to get this sorted.

Thanks
First of all, did you change the advandedsettings.xml according to http://kodi.wiki/view/Import-export_libr...hed_status?
When you export the library to single files the watch status is exported but the change above is needed to import that status.

You don't really need the addon If you've done that.

About the status on the 2nd box:
Quote:Went to the new box, installed the add-on and updated...
What do you mean with "updated..."? Did you need to update the library to get all movies to show up? that doesn't sound like you have configured MySQL on that 2nd box correctly.

The 2nd box will get all required data from the MySQL database and should automatically get new movies and watchstates.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
I could be wrong on this one cause I never use kodi this way yet...

If I understand, you try to use a centralized mysql db on 2 different devices : one running kodi 16 and the other running kodi 17 (LE v8) ?

If the answer is yes: it won't work

There was a number version bump between kodi 16 and kodi 17 : it changes from myvideo99 to myvideo107

http://kodi.wiki/view/Version_table

The only way you can have a centralized database syncing on both devices (make one change on one device and have it synched on the other) is to have them running the same kodi version
Moanbag is in da place!
Missed that, Gracus. Indeed you need to use the same version of Kodi (17.x) on both devices.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
In resume, you have to use version with the exact DB version.
Image Image
(2017-06-12, 16:20)Gracus Wrote: I could be wrong on this one cause I never use kodi this way yet...

If I understand, you try to use a centralized mysql db on 2 different devices : one running kodi 16 and the other running kodi 17 (LE v8) ?

If the answer is yes: it won't work

There was a number version bump between kodi 16 and kodi 17 : it changes from myvideo99 to myvideo107

http://kodi.wiki/view/Version_table

The only way you can have a centralized database syncing on both devices (make one change on one device and have it synched on the other) is to have them running the same kodi version

Well that there will explain it! Thank you! I knew it had to be something fairly simple since both boxes were working properly with the mySQL DB... That said, I never did check to see if there was a new set of tables created when I put the 2nd/old box online with the DB data.

I will check all this, upgrade KODI on the old box to 17 and report back to update this thread!

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Watched Status w/ mqsql + Watched List add-on not working0