Stop rescan of library
I was changing scraper for Movie library and then accidentally said yes to re-scan the movies in the folder. This was wrong and I stopped the update of the library, but now it keeps starting over scanning all my movies which are already in the library. I do not want to re-scan all my movies as the posters and fanart I have picked then are reset.
How do I stop this? I guess there is a flag/datetime in the database (using MySQL) or in a file in the Kodi installation which determines this?

Thanks
No one knows where to change what in MySQL database to stop it from rescraping all my movies?

I've Googled and browsed through tables but cannot really find any useful information.
bump
I don't know anything about mysql, but I would guess that scanning the library has nothing to do with it, until AFTER it has obtained information and is ready to write it. AFAIK, the only way to "cancel" a rescan would be to kill the Kodi process. I would definitely recommend an external media manager such as Ember Media Manager, absolute perfect way to keep your fanart/poster the same, no matter what happens in Kodi.
Thanks for the reply, Failstyle Smile

I did kill the Kodi process, but the problem is that when I start a new scan, it rescans ALL my movies, and not just new ones I have ripped. This nukes all my customized posters etc.

I wrongly flagged all movies for rescan, but I cannot find such a flag in the database which I know is where it is, since all my Kodi instances, which share same MySQL, do the same.

I do not wish to revisit Ember and am quite happy with scrapers in Kodi as is. I just need to find and understand the mechanism which I wrongly triggered and now cannot figure out how to untrigger. Some developer must know the answer about the database. If not I guess I have to look into the source code
That's how it works though. If you choose to update library it is going to scan ALL sources for updated movies. Not just a specific folder/source. If you chose to go back with Ember you would never need to update through kodi again, as Ember has instantaneous sync with kodi. As soon as a movie gets scraped Kodi has it and it's ready. This would be the ONLY way I know of that will allow you to update your library without scanning everything. Hopefully we can get a dev to comment and make things clear.
When you select a source, Kodi asks to set the scraper etc, and then asks you to can scan the folder. If you change scrapers at the source level, once again Kodi asks for permission and then it deletes all the library entries for that source and proceeds to re-scan (you can halt the scan with a stop scanning in the left slide out menu). If you have set scanning on startup, it will always scrape. settings>media>library>update library on startup..

The trick is that you can deny the scrape when changing scrapers, keeping all your artwork intact in the library, then in file mode locate the target movie, and using the context menu scrape into the library. Another tip, is to export your library to separate files (it places the present images into the movie's folder) and from that point on subsequent scrapes will pull in that artwork and meta-data before going to the internet and in so doing preserve your choices for any future scrapes regardless of the scraper.

Make's sense?

I only scrape when I have enough new listings, and Kodi is usually very quick to add one of two new items.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stop rescan of library0