Error: Cannot download obb
Hello Guys need some help here I have a mygica 380 box. Android is 4.4. I had Kodi 16 as default in my factory reset. I installed kodi 17 fork (which is the version of kodi 17 for my box because it doesn't support android 5)

I didn't like kodi 17 and some of my video add ons were not working well so I decided to go back to kodi 16 by doing a reset on my box. Everything went back to normal except now when I try to start kodi I get the error message....cannot download obb..........and it won't start.....even if I try to reboot it or shut off and on nothing I keep getting the same error...

What can be done to fix this situation? I was going to download kodi 16 and try to re install it but can't find it its all kodi 17 now...

Thank you kindly for your help.
Ask where you got the fork from, we do not support forks of Kodi here in this forum.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
***** START HERE - Kodi Krypton problems - and common Android FAQ's with Help *****

I have the same problem. I am not talking about the fork, I am talking about the genuine 16.1 APK.

I use 16.1 still, but unable to install as the obb can't be downloaded. Meaning it is impossible to use 16.1, uses its already installed.

It's disappointing that we aren't allowed to choose which version we would rather use.
You did not download the official version from our servers. You likely picked one from some stupid website.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-18, 11:03)Martijn Wrote: You did not download the official version from our servers. You likely picked one from some stupid website.

Stupid Website?

Please, I know where to source my files from.

Either way, I manually placed the obb file and now have 16.1

Regards.
A site that provide you that APK file is plain stupid cause that is not a APK that should be distributed outside of Play Store. Since v16 is no longer supported that OBB has been removed so you basically downloaded a worthless APK file.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-06-18, 12:51)Martijn Wrote: A site that provide you that APK file is plain stupid cause that is not a APK that should be distributed outside of Play Store. Since v16 is no longer supported that OBB has been removed so you basically downloaded a worthless APK file.

Yes, I understand what you mean. However the .APK that I had was sourced from kodi.tv

To OP - here is the link to 16.1 that will install correctly, taken from KODI's resources.

Regards,
(2017-06-18, 11:30)Drt1989 Wrote: Either way, I manually placed the obb file and now have 16.1

Regards.

Please tell me how you manually placed the obb file and where to get a copy. I tried reinstalling 16.1 on my device from an old apk i had kept but I get the error obb cannot be downloaded.
You're awesome!!! Thanks for the link, I bought a project tango tablet for $60 to use as a Nvidia shield, it's stuck on 4.4.2 but has that dock and micro hdmi input, almost like a Nintendo switch. Anyway I couldn't find a working Kodi until installing from your link.
Kudos!
Just FYI all the current and older official releases are available on the download servers, nothing is hidden!
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

Just bear in mind the old versions wont be maintained and some if the scrapers etc may not work properly now

Remember devices can be obtained cheaply and its not expensive to get a Rpi or device that will run the current version nicely!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Cannot download obb0