Video Corruption
RolleyesI have a very wierd video error. I am currently running on the following:

Pentium 4
1 gig RAM
Geforce FX 5600
Ubuntu Desktop - Alt build - no extras just components need to run XBMC.
Latest Nvidia drivers via manual install and tryied Envy.
Latest cvs of XBMC.

Issue: Regardless of display, TV or LCD. When XBMC is started no errors but screen is corrupted except for the portion which displays the pictures. The corruption is the skin portion of the display. This occurs only when I go full screen or screen size for XBMC is set for display resolution.

I have found one resolution. If I change the resolution of the display via nvidia-settings either up or down, the corruption of the XBMC screen during fullscreen operation goes away.

I have a work around but am looking for some suggestions.

Thanks.
Can you post a screenshot/picture of the corrupted screen and pastebin the log file.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

I appologise for the long delay. I have to find a method to share my screenshots plus get the shots.

Please take a look here at the video corruption.

http://camiday.smugmug.com/gallery/44584...#262165811

Additionally, I find that while navigating the corruption goes away for about 1/10 of second each time the screen changes to another window.

Once again if I change that resolution after a free reboot, it resolves the corruption.

Thanks.
I actually get this same error but it works for me if I use the whole ubuntu-desktop. Server + needed packages gives me this behaviour.

<EDIT> I have fx series also. </EDIT>
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have a Geforce 7600 in another machine. I believe I will swap out and perform another test. I am wondering if this is an old video card issue.

Thank-you for the confirmation that regular ubuntu-desktop installation works with no issues.

Thanks.
Grast, did you recompile XBMC after you upgraded the nvidia driver ?
I had some weird video issues after upgrading my nvidia driver but they went away after a clean build.
Not sure what that corruption is, could be bad video memory or something. Can you try taking a screenshot from within XBMC (printscreen key) and uploading that?
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Sandman,

Yes, I did recompile. Since I am using the Alt build for Ubuntu via command line install. I install the latest nvidia drivers manually or via Envy prior to downloading and compiling XBMC. Along with all the other needed components.

Screenshots: http://camiday.smugmug.com/gallery/4...EA4P#262165811
Screenshots are located here. I think this may be an issue with my 5600 FX. I am doing a hardware swap to find out.

http://camiday.smugmug.com/gallery/4...EA4P#262165811
D4rk was asking for real screenshots using XBMC's screenshot function...just hit [printscreen]
I was able to remove the issue by switching to a 6800XT. I believe the issue is related to the FX 5600 video card.

Thanks.
If it's the same issue which I had (Seems so) then I got it removed by adding
Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
To my device in xorg.conf

Section "Monitor"
[...]
Option "TripleBuffer" "true"
EndSection

Seems they have changed standard for this on my card with the latest drivers

<EDIT> I also did a complete reinstallation of the nvidia driver and complete removal of envy and reinstalled the absolute latest, 0.9.10 of envy </EDIT>
If you have problems please read this before posting

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs,

Thank-you for the suggestion. I have test box coming on line soon for skin development. I will try that when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Corruption0